Legal Administrative Assistant
DHL is hiring a Legal Assistant in our Westerville office.You will provide administrative support for General Counsel as well as secondary support to the Legal Services department staff members (as needed). You will work with head of Legal Operations on key department and SD 71 projects and initiatives.You work independently and proactively, providing departmental administrative assistance, exercising initiative and judgment on a regular basis.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
·Primary administrative support for General Counsel.
·Maintains General Counsel’s filing system including items that are confidential. Establishes, maintains, and when necessary, revises files.
·Maintains General Counsel calendar, schedules meetings and appointments. Regularly arranges travel and hotel accommodations for frequent extended trips. Compiles and submits expense reports.
·Maintains department’s shared calendar and schedules department meetings.
·Supports department attorneys in basic administrative needs, including letter drafting, mailing documents, file in-take and management.
·Performs broad range of administrative items of a highly confidential nature on a regular basis.
·Coordinates team, cross-functional, department and customer meetings.
·Maintains and publishes weekly department itineraries.
·Corresponds (both written and verbal) with both internal and external signatories regarding the status of the signing process for department documents.
·Manages the department’s office supply requests, stock, and iBuy account.
·Manages department new hire and onboarding process.
·Coordinates department led training tasks, including scheduling the training, the rooms and meals.
·Uses considerable judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
·Screens departmental inquiries to determine which of them can be directed to the appropriate team member or to other functional groups.
·Provides information regarding detailed knowledge of General Counsel & other department associates’ areas of responsibility and general knowledge of company policies, practices and operations in an expeditious and courteous manner. Requires continuous use of technical and business vocabulary.
·Creates and updates policies and procedures for the department, to support the Legal Operations team.
·Prepares a variety of highly confidential, specialized, and recurring reports. Produces high quality reports, presentations, proposals, or other documents.
·Requires continuous use of technical and business vocabulary and a detailed knowledge of company operations, organizational procedures, and personnel.
·Assists with data quality in various systems.
·Assists in managing renewals for department subscriptions and professional fees.
·Serves as central communication point for associates on human resource and associate relations items.
·Operates office equipment including fax, copiers, printers, binding machines and projectors.
·Performs additional duties as assigned by management.
YOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- 3 years related experience
- Written communication skills to compose routine letters/e-mails and to edit and proof business correspondence and reports
- In-depth understanding of overall company operations, its policies and procedures as well as sound oral communication skills that facilitate the management of a broad variety of moderately to complex administrative details, such as arranging meetings without clearance, assembling reports containing confidential and sensitive information, and responding to questions or requests of people who contact the Legal department
- Typing data entry and proofing requires ability to read and concentrate for up to 25% of work time
- Proficient with word processing software
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and presentation software
- Proficient with Outlook
- Ability to create professional presentations
- Strong verbal, written communication and time management skills
- Ability to file, alphabetize and sort
- Prioritize multiple tasks to efficiently manage workload
- Ability to learn new software systems and tasks quickly
- Ability to read, understand, and follow directions/instructions
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
No travel required
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn