Facility Coordinator / Building Maintenance Technician
DHL is offering one exceptional candidate the opportunity for Building Maintenance Technician in Columbus, OH for our DSC Company Headquarters. You must be able to work in our Westerville office and we cannot offer sponsorship for this role at this time.
In this role, you will perform a variety of skilled duties in: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, painting, cement masonry, and dry wall in order to maintain, repair and remodel facilities.You will be managing the work of specialty vendors and will work under limited supervision.This is a full time position with normal working days from Monday through Friday, requiring periodic on-call availability for emergency situations.
Your Background Includes:
- BS/BA degree but not required. Facilities Maintenance certifications a plus.
- Knowledge of Cal OSHA and OSHA occupational safety regulations.
- Knowledge of the architecture, engineering and construction management industry.
- Ability to read and understand construction, electrical and equipment blueprints and schematics.
- Knowledge of the proper use of specialized departmental equipment including those used in the plumbing, electrical, HVAC and general carpentry trades.
- Basic computer literacy for entering and looking up information using standard business software. IMPAK experience a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships with staff, customers and others.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills, strong sense of ownership, pride, accountability
- Ability to travel to local facilities.
- Experience working with multi-divisions (Express, DGF, eCommerce) and understanding of specific needs for facilities management, construction and property needs.
In Your Day To Day Role, You Will:
- Love your job!
- Performs a variety of minor carpentry, minor electrical, plumbing, cement masonry or HVAC preventative maintenance repairs and new construction projects.
- Repairs interior walls, finishes, and minor flooring damage.
- Assists as directed in the operation and maintenance of mechanical systems such as: heating, ventilation, air conditioning, steam system, automatic temperature control, electrical, water filtration and treatment systems; operates motorized lifts and equipment, as needed.
- Participates in safety meetings and may provide training in OSHA safety regulations to site employees.
- Researches and solicits vendors for repair parts and preventative maintenance parts for equipment.
- Purchases required supplies and materials to complete various projects.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn