Senior Sort Supervisor - SDC
This role is responsible for a zone within the Southern Hub department, managing all staff, freight and information through this area. This role will also manage and control performance in accordance with various operational KPI’s with a clear understanding of their impact upon others. In addition all expectations/targets should be clearly communicated to all direct reports and managed accordingly. This role is required to ensure service; productivity; quality; security and cost targets are met and standard procedures are followed by all. This will also require communication of these targets to direct reports
You must be a focused individual with excellent team management skills with the ability to adapt and promote change and continuous improvement. You are responsible and accountable for delivering the KPI performance in your operational area, with specific focus on service, process, productivity and compliance. You are insanely customer centric with excellent planning and organisational skills. You are motivated and driven ensuring that the highest performance levels are provided to the country as well as the international network. You will have direct responsibility for a team of sort supervisors and be responsible for the management and control of the operations within your zone of responsibility. You are an excellent communicator with the ability to lead, manage and motivate all levels of Operations staff within the hub.
Specific Role Challenges (key focus areas/challenges expected for post holder)
- Manage a team of people to deliver high service level in tight connectivity windows
- Deliver high service levels against an agreed daily operating plan
Accountability Activities & Responsibilities
- Manage the timely processing of material to ensure cut of times for inbound/outbound processes are met
- Directs and ensures shipments are handled in accordance with established company, regulatory and airline policy and procedures.
- Ensure all staff comply with Global SOP
- Plan resource requirements in accordance to nightly and seasonal volumes changes as well as business growth
- Manages and coordinates hub operational activities within your zone to ensure the safe, timely and cost effective processing of shipments.
- Manage the operational cost drivers to ensure P&L and cost targets are achieved.
- Within financial guidelines, plan, monitor, negotiate and control expenditure on areas such as overtime, sub- contracting and suppliers.
- Safety and security: Adhere to country laws and regulations, company and third party rules and standards.
- Adhere to customs / import / export procedures.
- All employees engaged in activity on behalf of DHL International (UK) Ltd are to comply with all applicable security procedures
- All employees are to bring any potential security breaches or concerns to the attention of their supervisors
-Promote excellent service to all stakeholders within the internal and external environments.
- Support business acquisition and customer relationship management from the operations perspective
- Manage and develop a motivated workforce through timely feedback and regularly 121’s.
- Demonstrate and live Respect and Results behaviours
- Display passion for your role internally and to customers
- Talking enthusiastically about you goals
- Showing equal appreciation and different talents and skills within the team
Skills/Experience & Educational Background:
- Excellent operational process knowledge
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications
- Good at establishing working relationships and developing personal contacts
- Strong personal influencing and consultative skills
- Aviation Security Training (preferred)
- Cargo Operative training (preferred)
- Experience in Supervisory/Managerial is preferred
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Express UK