Courier - OXF
Your specific role will include:
A courier will need excellent organisational skills to plan and prioritise their daily workload. The role is a job which will often require a variety of works and may also offer overtime on occasion. The roles are physically demanding and full training will be provided. Couriers are not employed solely for one route but to undertake any necessary deliveries. Couriers also sort the shipment material both am and pm to ensure efficiency.
Your role challenges will include:
A courier role is extremely diverse and there are extreme peaks within this role, especially around bank holidays and Christmas. It is important that all couriers work together with the support of all other employees at the Service Centers to ensure target remain to be achieved.
You will be accountable for:
- Complete daily safety checks, safe loading / securing load of vehicle, maintenance, legislative / regulations and adherence to company driving standards (including tachograph vehicles).
- Complete multiple deliveries and collections of shipment of a variety of weights
- Sort and prioritise workload (including multiple route sort) to ensure time commitments are met.
- Check for 'cash on delivery' packages and ensure all monies are collected.
- Ensure correct completion of DHL / Customer data and documentation.
- Expected to comply with DHL’s uniform.
- Accurate recording of working and driving hours to comply with road transport regulations.
- To project a high quality DHL image both internally and externally and provide the highest quality service to our customers at all times Loading/unloading (shipments vary in weight between 0.5kg and 70kg).
- Achieving targets, productivity, service,compliance, commercial.
- Scanning and working quickly and efficiently to ensure warehouse deadlines are met.
- Awareness of customs / import / export procedures.
- A shared responsibility for own development and attend training courses that will be dictated from time to time identifying and communicate sales opportunities, business at risk, competitor activity, and support new and existing customers
- A professional interest for Safety and Security of yourself, colleagues, customers and the general public.
- Customer service experience.
- Awareness of geographical / political terrorties and boundaries (e.g. is Estonia in the EU).
- Possession of, or would be prepared to obtain, a digital tachograph card
- People management (if applicable):
- Sound Judgement, decision making and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Flexible working approach as overtime may be required.
- Be a good team player with the ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Highly Professional , accurate and effective work ethic.
Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude.
Willingness to change.
Diligent and critical of detail.
Visual / Numerical Accuracy.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Express UK