Account Manager - Aberdeen
Overall Role Purpose
Manage and develop the assigned Field sales territory in order to maintain and grow the DHL market leadership position. Achieve individual sales targets while meeting key customer needs.
Specific Role context
Manage and develop the assigned Field sales territory.
Specific Role Challenges
Customer / Stakeholder
· Manage and develop a portfolio of prospects and existing customers through building a strong customer relationship to ensure that customers needs are recognised and met.
· Establish customer agreements and ensure and that pricing guidelines are always applied and profitability targets for customers are met. Ensure that customer’ prices are reviewed on regular basis and whenever any discrepancy arises between actual and promised volumes a re-negotiation takes place.
· Develop and implement an approach to secure competitors and prospects business in the shortest time possible. Establish Prospects pipeline to support this approach and target them accordingly.
· Exploit all new opportunities from existing and potential customers (prospects) ensuring a maximum penetration of DHL in assigned territory.
· Monitor customer performance, loyalty and satisfaction to measure success, business fluctuation and possible business at risk. Take appropriate corrective action internally and/or with the customer.
· Promote DHL brand image and values through own appearance and behaviour so that it reflects DHL high standards and develops customers’ relationship.
· Develop and implement a personal sales plan and call cycle that incorporates initiatives for identifying and gaining new business and maximises growth of existing customers to achieve the individual sales (volume and profitability) targets.
· Manage all customer-related information by communication to the selling team around specific customers as well as in sales systems (Comet) so that other DHL staff can access customer and territory information.
People – Management
Skills / Qualifications
Key skills and competencies
Excellent Planning and Organising
Excellent communication skills (oral and written), numerate
Commitment to excel
Cross Border Thinking
Building and managing partnerships
Expected years of experience
(Minimum needed and desired)
1-2 years sales background in a consultative selling environment within the service industry
Experience in a segmented service industry
Experience in the Air Express industry or freight forward industry
Expected Educational Qualifications
A Levels in 2 or more subjects or equivalent
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Express UK