Ocean Freight Export Operations Specialist
- To ensure the clients, and other required parties are kept fully informed of transportation arrangements & status on a regular basis from departure to arrival of goods.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange for the movement of ocean export shipments
- Anticipate, identify and rectify any exceptions and to keep the customer informed at all times
- Create needed documentation; prepare quotations for export traffic.
- Consolidate individual consignments and arrange for
prompt collection/delivery of
consignments to and/or from specified destinations.
- Understand all documentation pertaining to exports to
various countries as well as their
- Establish contacts and relationships with shippers for
better understanding of their products and
- Establish good contact with overseas stations for better communication and coordination
- Maintain good contact with various service suppliers.
- Any other task, as required by direct Manager.
Minimum Requirements (Education, experience and skills):
- Min 3 years’ experience in Freight Forwarding with a concentration in Ocean Export
- Proficient knowledge of export documentation & Incoterms
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Well organized
- Good self-initiative and proactive
- Computer literate
- Flexible hours (Mon to Fri)
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Professional & courteous phone manners
- Ability to solve logistical problems as necessary
- Proficient verbal,written & organizational skills
- High School Graduate
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding (Canada) Inc.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn