Senior Sourcing Manager
Senior Procument Manager
It is a key strategic role working closely with Customer, LLP functions and central procurement team to secure the most suitable, cost effective warehousing and freight procurement strategy for each country and/or region in line with customers network strategy.
• Negotiate with service providers to gain the most competitive rates whilst adhering to specific service requirements of the customer's operation
• Pro-active seek innovative solutions/methodologies of warehousing and freight procurement to support the delivery of contractual cost down commitments and delivery of the contract's future solution roadmap
• Working closely with solutions design and operations to develop best opportunities for storage solutions by selecting appropriate and compliant partners. Building long term partnership via effective 3PL management. Measure performance levels against agreed targets taking appropriate proactive action where required.
• Lead and develop the Procurement management team in Spain
• Negotiate with service providers to gain the most competitive contractual terms with the 3PLs and freight providers.
• Deliver on contractual cost down commitments and support the delivery of the contracts’ future solution roadmap.
Key Tasks, Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Support the business with the implementation of all aspects of PCM function within new contracts, ensuring smooth hand over to the operational team.
• Build a strong working relationship with 3PLs to support the success of the supply chain. Understand their business strengths, weaknesses, capabilities and future opportunities
• Support the delivery of EAC and EBIT across all LLP Contracts under they responsibility
• Delivering the end to end procurement activity for LLP customers (warehousing and freight), ensuring services in line with contractual KPIs and on budget and with achieved target savings
• Ensuring expertise on procurement in particular warehousing and freight is developed, maintained and reflected on results achieved
• Ensuring that LLP business is appropriatelly contracted with 3PL and freight providers and liabilities are kept to a minimum (clearly understood and mitigated)
• Build and foster cross divisional relationships to maximise freight procurement opportunites for the European LLP and wider DHL business.
• Ensure that Procurement processes are fully compliant with LLP models; tools and guidelines (LLP; customer and corporate levels)
Mandatory Requirements for the job
- Experience in LLP operations in Supply Chain division and multi modal transport operations (Road, Air, Sea and or Express)
- Previous procurement experience in running formal Global RFQs with a variaty of service providers
- Experience within another DHL division (Forwarding, Freight, Express)
- At least 5 years Supervisory or Management experience in Freight Forwarding and or a logistics environment/experience Senior Account Management experience/ Freight Procurement
- Experience in rate negotiations, RFQ's, Benchmarking activity and a strong understanding of market conditions.
- Experience in operating/ selling and buying freight mainly ocean, air, express and road.
- Customer relationship management skills
- Demonstratable record of service improvement through innovation
- Educated to Degree level
Preferred Requirements for the job
- International experience desirable of at least one of these: working abroad, working with a cross functional/international team; working with International trade
- Extensive experience of working with freight in the UK and in mainland Europe
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Exel Supply Chain (Spain), S.L.U.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn