Role Purpose (Financial Controller)
This roles is responsible for the P&Ls of the assigned Accounts within, trading close across Europe and the internal auditing of all the accounting information. This is a senior role within the Financial Accounting team & the holder will have to direct and to lead work both within the internal Finance team and the wider business participants in a variety of financial processes, notably the monthly close cycle, providing a single point of contact for the internal and external customers.
• Responsible for delivering trading close instructions across the P&Ls Accounts in Europe
• Responsible for the delivery of accurate, complete and timely DHL periodic trading results. Ensures all recorded expenditure corresponds to the correct LLP Account.
• Responsible of the accuracy of monthly consolidated financial statements
• Delivers monthly and accurate provision calculations
• Provide monthly general ledger account and Balance sheet reconciliations. Responsible for accurate control of all balance sheets main provisions and movements.
• Identifies and explain deviations between payroll costs reports from HR and costs recorded in P&Ls
• Ensure timely and accurate preparation of various accounting reports
• Assist with development, maintenance and implementation of accounting practices for the Accounts in scope
• Responsible for invoicing all external and internal Customers and Debtor's report
• Support in developing Budget review packs.
• Supports internal and external accounting audits dealing with operational responsible
• Managing of the ICE invoicing among the DHL companies involved. Reconcile all I/C balances with other business units and research any discrepancies to be resolved so that they may be cleared in a timely manner.
• Maintain effective relationships with local country finance teams
Requirements for the Job
• Educated to university degree level or equivalent professional qualifications
• Minimum of 3 years related general ledger accounting experience
• Technical knowledge of Accounting Tools and Databases (Oracle R12 and SAP - Desirable)
• Language: English and Spanish Fluent
• 3 PL & 4PL controlling / In depth knowledge of Pan-European supply chains
• Ability to manage and interface with Country Central Finance Departments and other Controller roles across Europe
• Practical general ledger experience and strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Ability to Lead a small team.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrates ability to coordinate financial data across organization boundaries and geographies.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Exel Supply Chain (Spain), S.L.U.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn