Control Tower Operations Manager
Control Tower Manager
Alfafar - Valencia - Spain
The LLP-4PL Control Tower is a central hub offering end-to-end supply chain management & visibility with real-time analytics to control and improve logistics performance and overall logistics costs.
We are looking for a responsibleManagerfor one of our LLP operationsin the foods & beverage sector, inclusive of temperature controlled transport and warehousing operations.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of logistics professionals in a challenging environment subject to tight lead times and strict quality specifications and sector regulations
- Developing processes to manage international cargo movements, using the DHL Transport Management System (TMS) linked to different customer solutions and ERPs.
Supporting the definition of the relevant performance KPIs and associated
target levels, owning the accountability to meet the agreed service speed and
- Managing and developing the capabilities of the control tower team, through strong active leadership paired with succession planning focus, business expertise and change management approach
Achieving and maintaining in a sustainable manner the agreed Control Tower
- Working closely with all stakeholders to provide the best supply chain solution, actively supporting the agreed savings targets for the business unit
- Validating and managing the implementation of new business process improvements and service improvements from an operational perspective before launch
- Actively collaborating with the Value Creation team to develop continuous improvement concepts to meet and exceed customer needs
- Actively collaborating with the Procurement and Carrier Management team providing the required operational support to agreed transport purchasing and carrier management agendas
- Actively collaborating with the Warehousing Management team to operationally support the delivery of the warehousing improvement agenda
- Customer management at operational level with defined customer representatives
- Deputing for the Head of Account as per business requirements, supporting a wider business agenda
Requirements for the job
Senior knowledge of the characteristics of the supply chain, materials management and transport.
At least 5 years of experience in supervision / management in freight transport and / or experience in a logistics environment
Previous experience in operating a 3PL or 4PL operation using a Transport Management System integrated to customer systems
Proven record of successful team management, active leadership, and team engagement experience
Fluent Spanish and English language required (English is the business languaje)
Strong analytical skills.
Customer relationship management skills.
Excellent communication and change managementskills.
Able to perform within a matrix organization with diverse cultures and wide international geographical spread
Very good teamwork skills.
Very good Presentation skills.
International roadcargo experience - including customs regulations
Experience in temperature controlled transport
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Exel Supply Chain (Spain), S.L.U.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn