MACC R2R Coordinator
Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) is the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories.
However we are an organization that is not just moving goods around but we have a very clear purpose, we are: Connecting People. Improving Lives.
We provide challenges and opportunities for personal and professional development, we recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the largest world leaders in logistics and supply chain.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist.
We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
Our Finance team is currently looking for a new team member in our MEA Accounting Competency Center organization in Phoneix, Mauritius.
Would you like to be part of team who ensure that DPDHL is maximizing the sustainable profitability?
Are you keen to actively support the reduction of high risk balance sheet accounts?
Do you know how to be responsible for financial accounting, month end close and reporting activities?
If yes, please read on.
Your task will be:
- Closely monitor high risk balance sheet accounts and escalate to Head of MEA Accounting Competency Centre (MACC), CFOs and RO Business Controllers of reconciling items exceeding 45 days
- Identifies internal control deficiencies and ensures consistent follow up
- Supports the preparation and follow up of internal & statutory audits (i.e. audit readiness assessments)
- Support the transfer of activities from countries/clusters to the SSC under agreed timelines, focusing on country implementation, preparation of new premises, change management etc.
- Ensure the monthly accounting and reporting activities are executed in line with in accordance with the month end closed timetable and DP DHL guidelines, (e.g. IAS/IFRS principles and local GAAP)
- Primarily responsible for overseeing sub-ledger postings are accurately reflected in the general ledger
- Heavily involved in transactional and operational accounting (e.g. processing supplier invoices, payments, interfaces, petty cash, customer payment allocation etc…)
- Assist in regular balance sheet reviews with respective entities.
- Account reconciliation (customer, supplier, bank, service in progress, customs duty accounts etc…)
- Asset management
- Remote gross profitability controlling
- Check daily input from peers for correctness of allocation, account codes, function codes and descriptions.
- Prepare month end accruals and deferrals
- Validate coding of supplier invoices
- Assist with any ad hoc duties to ensure the smooth running of the department as required
- Generate daily and ad-hoc reports
Your profile should look like:
- 2 years of financial accounting and corporate reporting experience
- 2 years of ERP functional experience (e.g. Sun, Oracle, SAP etc…)
- Preferably a university degree in finance or accounting
- Very strong accounting literacy
- Solid general ledger and accounts payable experience
- Good financial acumen
- Superior MS Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually and translate this into practical action.
- Ability to clearly articulate expectations – clearly define what is expected of team members
- Strong analytical skills and a problem-solver
- Self-driven personality with highly independent working capacity
- Fluent in English & French.
- Open for working extended hours and at up to 2 Saturdays (half days) per month
- Working in fast growing and motived Shared Service organization
- Possible further career development
- International company environment
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL (Mauritius) Ltd.