Manager Corporate Real Estate Benelux
Manager Corporate Real Estate Benelux
Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories. We are an organization that is not just moving goods around, we have a very clear purpose, and we are: Connecting People. Improving Lives. We provide challenges and opportunities for personal and professional development, we recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the largest world leaders in logistics and supply chain.
DHL Corporate Real Estate is a well-established team of property professionals in both commercial, surveying and construction. The department is responsible for maintaining the existing portfolio of buildings as well as new acquisitions, disposals, new builds and fit outs. The overall purpose of the role is to provide leadership and management in delivering projects on time, whilst meeting cost and quality targets, to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of stakeholders and manage construction projects and programs.
What will you do:
1. Asset management
- Responsible for the management of the property portfolio of DHL within the Benelux in terms of new build and sales opportunities as well as lease negotiations and contract terminations.
- Input into the property strategy (year) plan (Including the needed activities, people and means) and coordinates and align with BU senior management.
- Responsible for ensuring that all actions conform to the (CRE) guidelines as well as local legal requirements.
- Meet with Business Unit (BU) CEO’s and CFO’s on a regular basis or as requested to review status of portfolio, progress of negotiations, project updates or input into business case preparations.
- Responsible for ensuring that local BU management is advised in sufficient time of contract breaks in order to allow business case reviews. Provide RE input to business cases requirements.
- Detailed involvement in negotiations on sale and/or purchase of buildings and land developments.
- Responsible for obtaining / maintaining site work permits and related statutory / mandatory documentation (Contamination surveys, etc) in order for DHL to carry out its daily business.
- Analyses management information reports and provides beneficial solutions on the P&L and EBIT result.
- Preparing and supplying the Finance departments of the BU’s with final information regarding annual budgets for leases, incentives, taxes and indexations.
- Providing BU’s with financial management reports on a regular basis.
- Managing the lease budgets and contributing to the control of the P&L related exploitation costs for the BU’s.
- Monitor and align BU’s used real estate data and processes for compliancy DP DHL guidelines (governance role)
3.Management (CEO/CFO) support
- Advise and support BU-Mgt. in the areas of lease strategy, setting new leases, renewals or terminating contracts, establishing rental values, reviewing Benelux market, rent and other trading conditions.
- ct as a knowledge base for the BU-Mgt. members regarding tenancy law, tax law, etc.
- The implementation of a property plan. Organizing, controlling and monitoring the necessary resources and engaging with external and internal parties.
- Act as knowledge centre for BU-management with respect to environmental legislation, license policy and share knowledge concerning leases.
- Maintain daily contacts and conduct consultations on a quarterly basis with local senior BU-management.
4. Contract management
- Managing the leases and contacts with landlords/owner.
- Managing the start-up and entry for new leases/buildings and guarantee the contractual conditions on exit or termination of those leases. (Issuing official state of entry reports with experts, dilapidations, corporate guarantee, notary and legal restrictions).
- Frequently visiting the various sites within the portfolio and meet with local management to discuss their requirements and ensure all actions have been completed and to the agreed standard and performance.
5. Project management
- Managing significant capital expenditure projects.
- Conduct financial impact investigations. Access the substantial nature of the challenges and the impact.
- Draw up project plans and determine the objective, demarcation and the desired result. Also establish a time plan with the activities and the project organisation.
- Coordinate the project plan and thereby establish the outcome of the projects. Adapt -if needed- plans of work. Take into account feasibility, priority proposition and fitting in the budgetary space and coordinating this into the workload and capacity of the integrated project employees.
- Take leadership of the project, monitoring the progress and reporting it to the steering group. If needed, regulating whether or not activities should be adapted to meet the requirements of the (internal) customer.
- Optimising the commitment and the work surroundings of employees including (But not limited to).
- Understanding individual career aspirations, goal setting, identifying training, monitoring performance and follow-up reviews.
* Contact for BU's regarding legal questions on Corporate Real Estate
* Providing legal advice to BU-Mgt. members in the field of Corporate Real Estate.
8. Risk Areas / Risk
a. Corporate Real Estate rental expense DHL Benelux
b. Leases expiry dates
c. Up-to-date RE mandatory documentation (Work permits, etc.)
c. Annual Municipal Taxation (Knowledge)
d. Legal contracts etc.
What should be your profile:
- Degree level and/or appropriate experience in a Real Estate, Facility Management or Financial vocation
- Prince 2 or similar PM certification
- Good oral and written presentation skills with appropriate Dutch, English and French language.
- Excellent knowledge of property management (Leases, taxes, benchmark figures, etc.)
- Knowledge of facility management (Maintenance, energy, security)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in project management
What can we offer:
- Be part of great leader global company
- Managing own stakeholders and possibilities to be part on global negotiations
- International and virtual environment
- Flexibility and great opportunity to learn
- Tempting Compensation and benefits
Don’t hesitate and apply for our open position we are keen to talk to you!
In case you have any question please contact the recruiter on email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding (Netherlands) B.V.