Director Customer Operations
Job Title: Director Customer Operations
Job Location: USA
The Director of Customer Operations is responsible to manage the complexity of supply chain products for key customers to enable them to focus on their core business.The position is responsible for managing multiple levels of customer interaction globally, as well as leading a team of employees to achieving the goals of our customers. The Customer operations team identifies and manages the flow of goods and materials to and from multiple destinations and origins. The Director of Customer Operations manages this operation by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive tactical / operational performance against agreed customer SOW including root cause analysis and corrective action within region
- Provide focus, leadership, and support to all internal stakeholders to drive operational effectiveness.
- Develop Account / business relationship at all levels with internal & external customers
- Report regional data management (metrics)
- Develop and coordinate cross-regional development and initiatives
- Manage business efficiencies and cost containment within region
- Perform as primary OFR interface at regional and global level
- Responsible for oversight maintenance of commercial tariffs within region (internal and external)
- Implementation of activities related to DGF awards
- Manage market intelligence within regions
- Provide focus, leadership, and support to the field operations management team to drive operational effectiveness and enhancement of network cooperation.
- Maintain a fluid strategic partnership aligned with customer strategy and consistently drive share of valet increase
- Control Tower Collaboration
Skill & Qualifications:
- Advanced Freight Forwarding & Operations knowledge is a must
- Strong carrier negotiation and procurement skills are a must
- Detailed knowledge of DGF Network, Standards, IT Systems and Capabilities.
- Strong communication skills with ability to deliver presentations effectively to internal and external customers
- Able to function and conduct Cross BU activity. ( Internal & external ),
- Large Account management skills & experience
- Innovative & strategic thinking
- Strong systematic problem solving skills
- Highly developed leadership skills
- Change Management skills
- Project Management skills - able to manage multiple projects with the ability to meet and exceed agreed upon timelines
- Strong analytical skill-set, able to conduct and apply SIX Sigma methodologies.
- Min 10-15 years industry experience
- BA/BS Degree from 4 year university or equivalent
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding US