Yard Driver NON DOT - 1151 - Tunkhannock PA (Tunkhannock, PA)
Drives switching equipment, tractors, and straight trucks to transport goods or equipment to and from designated locations. Makes decisions in sequencing schedule to maintain efficient loading and unloading operations. Loads and unloads trailers and verifies product count. Maintains a clean and safe docking area and reports any maintenance or safety issues to supervision. Refuels vehicles on site and documents locations and condition of equipment.
- Maintain safe and efficient dock operation by switching trailers and equipment to and from docks.
- Maintains equipment fuel levels and refuels equipment during appropriate times.
- Loads and unloads trucks, verifying the count and condition of product. Reports overages, shortages, and damages.
- Performs daily yard checks.
- Properly secures loads, ensuring loads are within local, state and federal guidelines.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and/or logs as required policies and procedures.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, and water. Notifies supervision of current or anticipated repair needs.
- Complies with all company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of one year verifiable experience driving, switching or commercial tractor
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Zahlen und Fakten