IT Application Consultant
At DHL, people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We make sure that you know which difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building The Logistics Company for the world.
Under the DHL Supply Chain umbrella, one of the business units of DHL, our mission is to provide customized logistics and industry solutions in the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, distribution, value added services, and lead logistics provider services for our customers – helping them deliver better results every day.
DHL Supply Chain Nordics is looking for an IT-experienced person to join our Nordic IT Solutions team as Application Consultant.
Together with your colleagues in the Nordics IT department you will deliver crucial IT projects and implementations to successful completion. As an active member of the project team you will play a key role in the full implementation lifecycle of our IT solutions, from analysis of business requirements to configuration and go-live support, typically for the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and/or other supply chain software products.
As an Application Consultant your main tasks will include:
- Act as application expert in customer implementations and improvement projects throughout the implementation lifecycle (design, configuration, testing, training, go-live and support).
- Understand business requirements and processes in all its details
- Translate operational requirements and logistics processes into the right IT solutions.
- Deploy, maintain, enhance and support WMS applications and other systems in accordance with DHL Supply Chain strategy, standards and methodologies.
- Work closely and proactively with local Operational teams, the Business Analyst and DHL customers to identify possible improvements and develop those opportunities.
- Be a catalyst, as a”digital native”, for innovation and accelerated digitalization in Nordics and support regional and global initiatives in this area.
We are looking to recruit a fast-learning, experienced person with a hands-on mindset and ”can do” attitude, who take initiative and are constantly looking for improvements in their area. This translates in the following skills and competences:
- University degree in one of Management Information System, Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent experienced gained from a working career.
- Knowledge of system design and configuration. WMS systems like Blue Yonder or Manhattan is an advantage.
- Knowledge of database structures as Oracle and SQL Server.
- Knowledge in programming languages as C#, .NET, MOCA, Python.
- Knowledge in BI tools like Power BI.
- Experience working with integrations (API)
- Bilingual in English and one (1) Nordic language due to customer contact.
- Customer and business oriented mindset.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interest in full-lifecycle IT implementations in operational logistics environments.
- Previous experience in delivering (complex) IT solutions is an advantage.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills that allow you to build relationships, engage stakeholders and work well as part of a team.
What we offer
- A challenging role in an international environment with the global leader in logistics.
- The chance to work on implementation, innovation and optimization for international and highly attractive customers in fast-paced environments.
- An open and down-to-earth organizational culture with frequent contacts with IT management and Nordics board.
- A personal development plan with on-the-job, near-the-job and off-the-job training, including regular feedback.
- The ability to learn and develop from experts in the logistics IT field, e.g. on requirements analysis, WMS configuration, mapping specifications, SQL/MOCA, etc.
- Early responsibility and excellent opportunities for fast progression into expert and leadership roles in IT, both domestically and internationally.
- Location: Stockholm, Jönköping, Göteborg, Örebro, Eskilstuna or Malmö.
Does this sound like your next challenge?
Welcome with your application and CV no later than 1st of December.
However, incoming applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so please apply as soon as possible.
For questions about the position, please contact Henrik Ingenäs Head of IT Nordics (Henrik.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Exel Supply Chain (Sweden) AB
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn