DG Operations Specialist
What makes DHL great?Our people! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
Certified as a Global Top Employer for the second year in a row, DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Same Day is an international expedited transportation company which is part of DHL Global Forwarding. We are in search of a results-driven customer service professional to join our Dangerous Goods Operation team in Sterling, VA.In this position you will provide advice and support to our largest account and work with the team to develop proactive shipping solutions when needed.
Scheduled hours TBD. You must be able to work flexible hours to support our 24x7 operation.
- Take incoming calls and emails from our key customer and provide excellent customer service.
- Process incoming orders and enter notes in the system.
- Monitor customer orders to ensure adherence to schedule and provide timely email and system updates as needed.
- Answer questions on shipping rules/regulations, delivery alternatives and other solutions provided by our organization.
- Work closely with global agents and transportation partners to establish and ensure best solutions are in place for the customer.
- Provide price quotes.
- Offer shipping solutions for complex shipments of Radioactive and Explosives.
- Complete required shipping documents and paperwork as needed.
- Complete required training and
have a basic awareness and understanding of Dangerous Goods and Hazardous
- Ability to Multitask and utilize Time Management practices.
- 2+ years of prior experience in customer service.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Knowledge of required shipping documentation and experience with Routing, Booking and Charters is helpful.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and listening skills.
- Good knowledge of geography and time zones.
- Ability to complete tasks through research and support the creation of SOPs.
DHL offer its employees a competitive salary along with a full benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance along with 401k and tuition assistance.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Please note a resume is required to apply for all DHL positions.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
Sky Courier, Inc.
No travel required
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn