Accounts Payable Clerk
What makes DHL great? Our people! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Global Forwarding manages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries.
DHL Same Day is a 24x7x365 expedited transportation company which is part of DHL Global Forwarding. Our corporate office is located in Sterling, VA. We are looking to hire an Accounts Payable Clerk to work in our Finance Team.
- Executes the vendor invoice processing activity according to SOPs
- Ensures adequate quality in vendor invoice processing (e.g. correct supplier account, amounts, etc.)
- Provides accurate and timely information on the status of supplier accounts and transactions for business decisions
- Organizes work to be performed and accomplishes job tasks as assigned on a daily and weekly basis
- Works with otheremployeesto assist them in completing projects and tasks and confirmation of vendor invoice accuracy
- Assists in solving problems and answering questions
- Processes vendor invoices and expense reports into the system and performs basic quality checks
- Requests clarification to requisitioner and/or vendor in case of discrepancies
- Submits invoices to approver for Non-PO related invoices
- Handles and resolves workflow responses from invoice approvers
- Informs and escalates, if required, any issues/disputes
- Contacts other teams (e.g. vendor master data group) to resolve master data issues
- Produces monthly reports and assists in month end closing
- University degree in Finance or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 years of transactional accounting experience
- Ability to accurately enter a high volume of data entry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented, as they have to detect errors on invoices
- Ability to read and understand accounting related information
- Experience of processing and handling large volumes of data
- Ability to work effectively with others as a member of a work team
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dependability with an excellent attendance record
DHL offer its employees a good starting rate along with a full benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance along with 401k and tuition assistance.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Please note a resume is required to apply for all DHL positions. If you do not have one readily available, please visit http://dhl-resumebuilder.com/ to create the necessary documentation. This program will work on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
Sky Courier, Inc.
No travel required