Machine Learning Engineer
Would you like to be part of the most international company in the world? A company operating in more than 220 countries worldwide, and has been pioneering cross-border express shipping since 1969. Would you like to be part of a business that connects people across the globe? And the more we connect, the better life on Earth becomes. Do you want to make a difference? If you have answered Yes! to the above, join our Insanely Customer-Centric team now! For more information on DHL Express, please visit workingatdhl.com.
DHL Express Global Head Office has an opening Machine Learning Engineer to be based in Singapore. The Machine Learning Engineer is responsible for the use and development of data infrastructure and solutions in Analytics and Data Science. The successful candidate will work directly with data scientists and business on needs and tactical solutions. This role will execute new work flows from inception and prototyping to fully developed solutions. This role requires close integration and partnership with the business/Data Science team and requires business acumen in order to output the best technical solutions.
The role is part of the Global Business IT team (Business Intelligence) in DHL Express Global Head Office. The role will be based in Singapore.
In this role, you will:
• Independently perform data acquisition, preparation and exploration: sourcing data of different formats, cross-referencing, assessing quality, profiling, cleansing etc.
• Build efficient data schema for analytics solutions.
• Build data pipelines: sourcing and structuring for downstream processing, data transformation and feature engineering.
• Collaborate with data scientists to scale predictive models from prototypes to production which includes ML code optimization.
• Ship high-quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed.
• Maintain code version control and documentation.
Here’s what we need from you:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business intelligence and data product development, preferably in an international environment.
• Experience with ML products is advantageous.
• Proficient in SQL, Python, Spark and expertise in one or more database engines with preference of Teradata, MySQL, MongoDB; familiar with NoSQL.
• Demonstrated understanding of cloud storage, hosting, and compute environments.
• Demonstrated understanding of Agile methodology and Development Operations (DevOps).
• Demonstrated understanding where to apply and how machine learning techniques work.
• Proven capabilities to build and maintain large and complex data sets.
• Good knowledge of at least one of the functional areas: customer relationships and sales, supply chain, e-commerce, freight forwarding/express/logistics operations, any service operations.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional, cross-geographical teams to analyze and understand business needs.
• Passion for technology; good communicator, team player, positive and can-do attitude
• Great degree of flexibility, analytic agility, and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements/needs, new technologies, and data sources.
• Good oral and written English: ready to present to business audience.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in quantitative field: Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science or Analytics
• Professional certification is a plus
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Express Singapore