Director Global Sector Development, APAC
Position: Director Global Sector Development, APAC
Salary: Competitive + DHL Benefits
Job Type: Project Management
Closing Date for Applications: 21st August 2019
Become part of the dynamic global CDO team, we are offering exceptional candidates the chance to be a Director Global Sector Development maximizing Divisional Net Growth. We aim to attract high potential new and experienced employees, providing extensive global exposure through stretching assignments.
Furthermore you will be part of a regionally located, globally agile team of Global Sector Development with exposure to global stakeholders and focus on growth acceleration initiatives and divisional sector strategies with regions/CSI & sector sales leadership teams.
Global Sector Development team will be talent oriented, closer to customers and more connected to regions. The team will serve as an agile resource pool for time-bound growth accelerator initiatives.
What are you accountable for achieving as a Director Global Sector Development?
• Coordinate divisional sector / sub-sector / product strategy sessions, supported by representatives from CDO, regions, functions and CSI
• Develop a robust partnership with CSI, collaborating on industry/sector specific intelligence ensuring an up to date view on industry trends is easily accessible.
• Articulate global sector priorities in terms of top customers/ products/ geographies/ sub-sectors and develop concept, community & pipeline in alignment with regions
• Conduct sector strategy reviews, contribute to Sector Dev. Steering Committee for creation & review of quarterly initiative plan and monitor sector trends through the use of market intelligence to develop and maintain a competitive advantage for DSC.
• Identify (sub) sector specific or x-sector trends & markets and drive x-regional (sub) sector sales committees.
• Leverage customer account plans to identify common growth accelerators.
• Support the development and execution of sales strategy, incl. growth forecasts and go-to-market expansion plans, value proposition, sales collateral development, community building and driving of commercialization.
• Drive innovation process for selected new products leveraging methodologies contained in DPDHL’s Start-up Playbook and using standard components where possible, incl. business and investment cases, design & prototyping and development support for site-level pilots.
• Champion the accelerated digitalization agenda together with IT.
What will you need as a successful Director Global Sector Development?
• Experience of working in a complex regional/global matrix environment independently without close supervision
• Deep experience in a single sector or experience across multiple sectors
• Customer centric – comfortable / credible engaging with customers at all levels
• Frontline business development experience, with strong facilitation and influencing skills at all levels
• Exposure to leading large, complex projects or operations
• Outcome orientated with consultative or operational subject matter expertise
• Experience of Digital exploitation, comfortable working with technology
What you’ll need to do next?
Joining the CDO team is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed simply apply online, uploading an up-to-date CV with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organization.
Working at DHL: https://youtu.be/G-nOa8Ddbbg
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain UK