Data Scientist (Applied Analytics)
Would you like to be part of the most international company in the world? A company operating in more than 220 countries worldwide, and has been pioneering cross-border express shipping since 1969. Would you like to be part of a business that connects people across the globe? And the more we connect, the better life on Earth becomes. Do you want to make a difference? If you have answered Yes! to the above, join our Insanely Customer-Centric team now! For more information on DHL Express, please visit workingatdhl.com.
DHL Express Global Head Office has an opening Data Scientist (Applied Analytics) to be based in Singapore. The Data Scientist (Applied Analytics) is responsible to implement predictive and optimization solutions into core business process. This position is for an experienced data scientist who is looking for a dynamic environment where your contribution to projects will have visible impact on business.
The role is part of the Global Business IT team (Business Intelligence) in DHL Express Global Head Office. The role will be based in Singapore.
In this role, you will:
• Analyze raw data: sourcing data from existing multiple data warehouses, assessing quality, cleansing, structuring for downstream modelling.
• Identify new potential data sources: value of new data, integrating into analysis, assessing data readiness for automation and optimization.
• Design, build and maintain efficient predictive solutions, full cycle: business case, data preparation, modelling, deployment to production.
• Design rigorous experiments and interpret results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions.
• Collaborate with engineering team to scale analytical prototypes to production.
• Monitor performance of the deployed models and fine tune when needed.
• Collaborate with business teams to define new requirements or changes related to advanced analytics solutions.
• Educate business users to understand the relevance of specific data and analytical approach; communicate on best practices.
• Maintain code version control and document results of experiments.
Here’s what we need from you:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in business intelligence/ data mining.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in statistical\ML data modeling in an international environment.
• Proven knowledge where to apply and how to evaluate results of data mining, statistical and ML techniques: preprocessing techniques, regression, classification, and time series models as core of experience; graphs and geospatial as a plus.
• Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data.
• Ability to write efficient code in Python.
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional cross-geographical teams to analyze and understand business needs.
• Passion for technology; good communicator, team player, positive and can-do attitude
• Great degree of flexibility, analytic agility, and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements/needs, new technologies, and data sources.
• Good knowledge of at least one of the functional areas: customer relationships and sales, supply chain, freight forwarding/express/e-com/logistics operations.
• Good oral and written English: ready to present to business audience.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in quantitative field: Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science or Analytics.
• Professional certification is a plus.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Express Singapore