LLP RCC Operations Manager
Position: LLP RCC Operations Manager
Closing Date for Applications: 25th March 2019
Scope of Role:
Leads, motivates and manages the team. Acts as the first point of contact for customer & internal DGF colleagues for all operational related queries and escalations. Works closely with all key internal stakeholders to drive on-time performance, take action when the operation is not performing and drive process and performance improvements in all operational areas. To ensure receipt of accurate data from multiple service providers/vendors, thus facilitating the smooth and efficient running of the RCC Control Tower solution.
- Demonstrate best practise across all areas of responsibility inspiring people to engage and deliver key business results.
- Mentor the team to allow them to grow their skills and promote development within the team.
- Implement DGF people processes in a consistent manner to ensure employee development and retention of talent.
- Ensure all the necessary training is provided to each employee which includes training records, training plans and cross training matrix’s
- Ensure adequate staffing levels at all times for specific accounts to include holiday approvals and keeping all holiday files up to date on system.
- Conduct annual performance and interim reviews with each employee, set yearly targets and regularly meet to ensure they are on track.
- Recommend staff for reward and recognition where appropriate.
- Promote a harmonious culture within the team and work to resolve any team issues.
- Conduct return to work interviews/ forms for all absenteeism and escalate any issues to HR.
- Manage any disciplinary issues within the team in collaboration with HR
- Support the HR department in the recruitment of new team members including interviewing prospective candidates
- Manage operational performance against agreed customer Statement Of Work
- Lead communications to customer operational / tactical issues
- Act as escalation point for GSC when they are not receiving timely information from vendors and stations / countries
- Report non-compliance and drive proactive resolution ensuring excellence in service
- System reporting and data management (metrics)
- Leads the conversations on driving efficiencies & improvements with Contract Manager and GSC
- Primary LLP / customer operational interface at regional level
- Supporting issue resolution and interaction with all parties in regard to payment processes
LLP Super User
- Work with contracts manager ensuring the customer SLAs are fully understood and
achieved and reflected in the CT SOPs. Have clear understanding of service providers’ commits and processes
- Act as escalation point for GSC/RCC teams on root cause and corrective action to service providers/vendors to correct errors.
- Escalate continued non-compliance to customer/ LLP contracts manager/ LLP Quality
- GSC escalation point for milestone/exception management
- Become an advanced user of the customer solution.
- Provide training on the solution to the customer/ external parties/ internal parties
- Drive and support the on boarding of vendors onto LLP system and conduct end to end testing on same.
- Assist with creating of RCC SOP’s and Work Instructions
- Assist with completing test scripts for end to end testing of the solution
- Keep a manual log of any issues within LLP systems
- Identify where errors have occurred and engage with the relevant Trading Partners to fix error messages coming into the system. If customer error, engage with them to fix order Messages coming into the system
- Manage any change requests in relation to the solution
- Support deployment plans and change requirements during development of the LLP solution / design for the customer and involved carriers.
- Act as the operational quality contact for the RCC functions
- Support, maintain and manage the customer process flows, SOP’s and work instructions supporting the RCC operational
procedures using the LLP quality system.
- Representative on the Quality Management Virtual
- Facilitate and support internal and external audits for the RCC functions (in conjunction with the LLP Quality Mgr)
- Complaint/Incident/CAPA Management and best practice owner
- Support Business Contingency Planning (BCP) and Risk Assessments
- Support, develop and police Performance Dialogue as a best practice for the CT
- Ensure that the KPIs are produced in accordance with LLP/ customer requirements and requests.
- Ensure all team are aware of relevant account KPI’s and that they are published in the designated office area each month
- Provide user training for the Customer Complaint tool for claims and incidents management
- Leveraging corporate best practices and support including First Choice tools
- Document and maintain SOPs to ensure the customer SLAs are fully understood and recorded.
- Maintain a high focus on processes and pro-actively deliver changes based on customer expectations
- Escalate any continued non-compliance to RCC Quality representative and Head of RCC
Administration and Reporting
- Build an in depth knowledge of each daily/weekly/monthly business reports issued to customers
- Ensure all KPI’s are published in the designated office area each month
- Establish any synergies across customer reports/account and develop standardised processes where possible
- Drive automation, where possible, to reduce the reporting effort
- Ensure operational compliance to all revenue and international trade legislative requirements, in addition to all DGF IE policies and procedures (GDPR, H&S, Quality, Environmental, HR, etc.), and work in a manner that supports the Company environment programme.
- Team Leadership - builds a strong team and provides team members with the direction, resources and environment for success
- Managing relationships - builds effective working relationships with different groups
- Team Development - creates high performance teams by attracting and developing people
- Customer Focus - utilises resources to exceed customer expectations
- Problem Solving - delivers operational results by analysing and solving problems in a structured way
- Supporting Change - implements change through motivating and influencing
- Proven track record in people management role
- Demonstrated track record and in-depth knowledge of the DGF business
- Self-directed working style
- Results driven with excellent attention to detail
- Strong Operational knowledge
- Demonstrates strong communication capabilities with excellent motivation & interpersonal skills
- Good MS Office skills
- Strong administrative skills
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding Ireland