IT Deployment Senior Expert
Logistic operations in DHL Supply Chain business require a perfect match of logistic, transportation, engineering, physical handling of goods and IT to be efficient, proficient, satisfactory for the final customers and in line with local regulation. Every warehouse in DHL Supply Chain is built on top of an IT ecosystem (solution) where the different components interact each other to satisfy several business needs. The success key factor of a warehouse also depends on the harmony between the usage (operation) and integration (IT) of these systems.
This role exists to enable DHL Supply Chain business to govern the delivery of onshore resources across all the 9 clusters to design, implement and release ONE.WMS Solution (a set of IT Products) and to run efficient operations with maintainable and upgradeable IT Products. DHL Supply Chain customers expect from DHL to have a partner able to deliver same level of services with standardized IT systems across the region and globe. The IT Deployment Manager has also the responsibility to ensure all managed resources from all involved suppliers will respect quality, speed and cost efficiency expected for the target activity and ensuring that the activities are executed in full respect of social compliance, IT security and respect.
The person in charge of this role is the final responsible to ensure the implemented solution will provide the expected targets in terms of customer satisfaction, process efficiency and trainability. He/she will work in close contact with local delivery teams as well as external consultants to actively support each part of the implementation project when not limited by local language barrier.
A.1. Manage Onshore Distributed Team across MLEMEA
• Govern Onshore team to drive efficient design of multi-purpose cross-product solutions
• Support Business Development and Solution Design to ""sell"" implementable, cost effective and efficient logistic solutions
• Ensure the use of right design tools (i.e. MERLIN) to exploit the potential of standardized and customized solution are used at best and «best fit» for the Customer/Business requirements.
• He/she is responsible to actively seek for last available version of BPL and IT Product functionalities and ensure it is known and adopted in the projects
• Act as central reference for local IT teams toward IT Product implementation and adoption by doing training, BID support, demonstration, etc..
A.2. Manage Onshore Team to Implement IT solutions
• Drive the onshore team to design the IT solution that will be implemented on a specific site/customer
• Work with OpsEX to stimulate standardization, collect and satisfy the customer requirements efficiently
• Manage consultancy of developers in region or locally to implement needed improvements following right principles of IT as maintainability, scalability and supportability
• Guarantee adherence to the regional standardization programs, promote standardization; work toward proactive versus reactive solution implementation
• Ensure optimal design and implementation of new processes via usage of SmartScanner technology in a controlled and pragmatic way
• Guarantee adherence of the solution toward regional and global IT Strategy but pro-actively identify and submit improvements into the IT Product Roadmap
A.3. Coordinate Live and Post-Live support
• Ensure sites receive proper support for live and post-live activities on-site within the limit of the language
• Act as entry point for issue escalation toward global teams, if needed"
B.1. Synchronize regional implementation plans with local implementation plans
• Ensure plans of regional implementations are aligned with local implementation plans to anticipate, mitigate or eliminate any risk in the project
• Clearly communicate any deviation in budget & schedule with explanation on the reason of the deviation
C.1. People Management
• Transmit passion to the work and to the DPDHL and MLEMEA strategic programs
• Guide people in the change process from actual operative procedures to the new procedures
Requirements for the job
• Skilled project management experience and attitude
• Interest and attitude over the management of people either internal or external
• Familiar with software engineering skills, logistic process, logistic engineering, project management agile methodology, system integration …
• Travels in EMEA may be required (depending on project)
• Ability to work in a high-pressure demanding environment
• Ability to understand and challenge logistic process requirements
• Managerial skills
• Pragmatic mindset - solutions must work in real world, not only in a theoretical scenario
• Customer and supplier contact
• Ability to manage own and outsourced work in an organized and methodical way, maintaining accurate records and reporting progress
• Ability to inspire and manage people for high quality, speed and cost efficiency without impacting personal and professional ethics
• Ability to help colleagues with specific expertise and to coach on content and skills (buddy principle)
• Detailed knowledge of logistics processes (warehousing and transportation)
• Ability to influence and drive strategic view in the projects and solutions, emphasizing best practices, high quality and high efficient results
• Minimum 5 years experience with IT software implementation or customization of logistics applications in DPDHL or similar company
• Bachelor degree (HBO/Hogeschool) in an IT or business discipline, or relevant experience preferably in supply chain and/or logistics sector
• Good knowledge of and insight in E2E supply chain management
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain (Italy) S.p.A.