Senior Sales Executive
Senior Sales Executive
We are the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. In this position, you will support the Global Forwarding division of DHL that manages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain.
As a Senior Sales Executive, you will act as a bridge between our customers and our business unitsusing a consultative selling strategy to understand the customers’ business, including their current situation and their future direction, and propose a series of solutions and capabilities that exceed their needs and enhance their ability to drive improved business results.
You will be responsible for gaining new business as well as keeping and growing existing customers in line with DHL’s strategies to ensure growth of DHL Global Forwarding within an assigned territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Win, retain and develop medium-sized Business Customers through sales "hunting" activity, correctly assessing the prospective account as Profitable, Significant or Strategic in order to secure winning bids.
- Maximize sales growth from existing customers through the development of new sales, product marketing, and customer support strategies; and achieving specific volume growth targets in the assigned area(s) of the business.
- Build rapport and trust with customers by being informed about customer’s business and the market and support customer retention through collaboration with all resources including our Product teams, Trade Lane Managers, other sales channels, and local Station Management.
- Recommend solutions based on customer needs by using industry knowledge
- Engage in organizing and supporting customer workshops intended to share information across diverse subjects such as Import brokerage compliance regulations, new product offerings, and other training intended to benefit the client
- Use networks within the various Sales channels within Deutsche Post DHL to collaborate on customers, marketing strategies and offers a full supply chain of services to service customer needs
- Collect relevant customer information for the RFI/RFP/RFQ and prepare documents for customer implementation in order to ensure proper operational handover and implementation to meet customer expectations
- Perform all aspects of the sales process and input & update all relevant activities utilizing CRM daily
Your skills and experience
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years field sales in freight forwarding or two years of operational experience.
- 5+ year of Sales Experience (international logistics sales preferred)
- Experience with logistics processes, systems and solutions.
- Solid PC operational knowledge along with Microsoft Office applications experience
- Knowledge of international commercial transportation (air and ocean freight required)
- Bachelor degree desired
- Outgoing, upbeat and resourceful personality!
- Ability to maneuver through a global network to ensure best customer service
WHY JOIN our DHL team?At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away from work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonusplans. In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally. Over 42,000 employees are employed by DGFF in approximately 150 countries around the world. Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
Our Vision:The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission:Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose:We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values:Respect & Results
Our Goals:Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer.We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
Air Express International USA, Inc.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn