DHL Supply Chain seeks Junior IT Project Manager
At DHL, people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building THE logistics company for the world.
Under the DHL Supply Chain umbrella, one of the business units of DHL, our mission is to provide customized logistics and industry solutions in the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, distribution, value added services, and lead logistics provider services for our customers – helping them deliver better results every day.
We are looking for a Junior IT Project Manager for the Nordics, which is instrumental in ensuring that we are delivering solutions that enhance the internal and external customer experience. Are you a dynamic young potential with a degree in logistics and / or IT and you have first experience in managing projects? Are you a team player, do you have creative problem solving skills and do you like to lead and motivate people? If so, then you might be ready for our Junior IT Project Manager role.
For the role of a Junior IT Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing small to medium IT projects or the IT part of business projects. Using the DPDHL project management methodology you will ensure the successful delivery of project objectives within the agreed scope, time, budget and quality as well as the support of the overall project manager and business in the best possible way. You will create and align detailed project plans and actively coordinate, lead and motivate the project team to support a successful delivery. Active risk management, early identification and resolution of issues, proactive scope control and change management, transparent and objective project reporting to stakeholders are further key responsibilities of you.
Travelling within the Nordics is required.
Your main tasks include
- Manage the overall planning, control, status reporting, stability and delivery of local small to medium projects to ensure that project goals and objectives are met within agreed time, scope, budget and resource requirements
- Develop project plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans, and status reports to maintain customer satisfaction
- Build strong working relationships and ensure delivery of appropriate communication to all stakeholders
- Manage project issues, drive resolution of issues for a satisfactory outcome and escalate issues as appropriate
- Manage the scope of the project. Document scope changes and gain approval by required parties to ensure benefit realization
- Manage the budget of the IT project, highlight and resolve all spending issues.
- Function as a subject matter expert in area where the project manager has expertise (e.g. automation, specific IT systems, EDI integration, etc.)
- Manage project progress to all stakeholders in accordance with a well-structured communications plan and ensure all communication is tailored to stakeholder needs
- Ensure the health of the project, manage project risks and mitigation plans and ensure these risks are proactively communicated
- Deliver best practice project documentation, completed to quality standards, kept up to date, available throughout the project and maintained in the project database
- Lead the project team to accomplish the tasks as outlined, manage change and deliver business benefits
Our only request is that you have or is about to finish a University degree in the field of IT, computer science, business administration or logistics.
If you have any of below experiences it´s really positive:
- Experience in logistics or other fast-paced sectors
- PMP or Prince2 project management certification preferred
- Leadership capability and ability to support project team members
- Financial acumen and strategic foresight
- Customer centricity and ability to inspire customers and gain their commitment
- Ability to work in a virtual/ matrix environment
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to relate to all levels of staff and management
- Knowledge of the strategic applications and business processes in Supply Chain
- Result-oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality delivery performance
- Ability to work independently in a complex environment, set the right priorities and self-motivate
Please send your application and CV in English no later than 31st of May, 2019.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain Sweden