Ocean Import / Export Agent - San Francisco
Ocean Import / Export Agent Job in San Francisco, CA
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. We are currently hiring for an experienced Ocean Freight Agent. Come and join this great team during an exciting time of innovation and transformation!
- Creates and confirms transport order to ensure pickup of the shipment at origin and delivery of the shipment to the final customer
- Performs booking and booking optimization according to internal guidelines as defined by Product
- Prepares, controls and distributes all required Export and Import documents to counterparts (carrier, customer, consignee, supplier, etc.) complying with regulations and internal procedures and then checks responses from counterparts and finalizes validation of required documents
- Follows-up shipment status in the Import and Export
area,identifies incidents and ensures resolution of incidents
- Supports Customer Service in the indicate and exception management resolution
- Maintains excellent relationships with suppliers and customers
- Is responsible for identifying performance issues of suppliers and proposes solutions to improve/correct performance
- Performs IT systems related tasks to provide up to date information on shipment
Interacts with Customers, arranges their bookings, handles their inquiries, provides corrective action as needed and work with ocean Product, Gateway, RTCC, and Global Service Centers, where applicable
- 2-4 years’ experience with ocean imports and/or exports
- Strong Understanding of Ocean Import and Export regulations and documents.
- Experience using and navigating CargoWise software is a plus
- Need to be able to work, communicate, and resolve problems that arise in the movement of product
- Attention to detail and excellent oral and written skills required, some customer service experience desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans. In addition, DHL offers the following:
· Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
· Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
· 401K plan with a match
· Employee Discount plan
· Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our
· The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
· The most efficient processes and
· The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding US