CSI IoT Innovation Manager
On the cutting edge of advanced logistics thinking, the DHL Customer Solutions and Innovation (CSI) unit drives innovative, industry-specific solutions. Unraveling the complex world of logistics, we provide our existing and potential strategic global customers with integrated logistics solutions.
The DHL SmartSensor IoT team is part of the global Innovation Center program at DHL, with locations in Cologne/Troisdorf, Singapore and Chicago. Our Innovation Centers engage with customers, partners and our business divisions to explore, develop and showcase logistics trends and solutions for the world of today and tomorrow and leverage the potential of our Group.
Embedded in this environment, the DHL SmartSensor IoT team offers a unique set of solutions to create visibility for our customers along the supply chain. If you would like to work in a dynamic and passionate team with a Startup mindset and you are passionate about the latest trends and technologies around sensor solutions, technologies and the overall ecosystem of the Internet of Things (IoT), this is the perfect opportunity for you to join our team.
We are looking for an IoT Innovation Manager based at the new DHL Innovation Center in Chicago.
As the subject matter expert on IoT and the regional commercial lead for Smart Sensor IoT solutions, you will initiate and drive innovation projects that accelerate DHL’s digitalization agenda, and strengthen our relationships with key customers and partners. As part of your role, you will actively engage with startups, technology partners, DHL's operations and customers to identify new applications, develop business cases, manage projects, and drive implementations.
You will also be able to apply your expertise to contribute to DHL’s various thought leadership initiatives which include the publication of industry-leading trend reports (see: www.dhl.com/iot), support in driving DHL’s corporate accelerators, and industry innovation events.
As part of the global Innovation Center team, you will have many opportunities to get actively engaged with DHL s key customers through tours and workshops at the Innovation Centers and at regional conferences.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with DHL Business units and external customers, both current and potential
- Manage and support Proof-of-Concepts with BUs, scale to large production roll-outs
- Drive commercialization and marketing of existing DHL Smart Sensor IoT solutions portfolio
- Maximize sales growth from existing and new customers, achieving specific volume growth targets in the assigned area(s) of the business
- Recommend IoT solutions based on customer needs by using industry and technology knowledge
- Organize and prepare regular innovation meetings with top management and maintain contact with key technology suppliers, both current and potential
- Organize and participate in internal presentations and events to showcase innovations and products
- Use networks within the various Sales channels within Deutsche Post DHL to collaborate on customers, marketing strategies and offers a full supply chain of IoT services to service customer needs
- Work closely with Marketing, R&D/Product Development and key functional groups to advance initiatives for innovation pipeline filling
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 4-6 years' working experience
- Proven track record in innovation, product development, or business development
- Great passion for technology and connectivity solutions
- Solid knowledge of IoT solutions and the technology IoT ecosystem including hardware, telecommunications and platform systems
- Proven experience in marketing and project management
- Solid knowledge in MS Office and project management tools
- Experience on Logistics and Supply Chain Management, esp. with regard to terminology and industry standards
- Good knowledge of DPDHL's business areas and their specific business models
- Very good presentation and moderation skills
- Willingness to represent DPDHL on conferences and in customer workshops
- Entrepreneurial spirit and hands-on way of working
- Intercultural and customer centric mindset
- Good communication & presentation skillsFluency in English language mandatory, Spanish desirable
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Customer Solutions & Innovations (USA) Inc.