CSI Innovation Manager
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
DHL’s Customer Solutions & Innovations (CSI), one of the business units of DHL, is a globally dedicated organization which simplifies the DHL customer experience by providing a single customer interface and developing innovative industry-tailored solutions for DHL’s largest global customers. Come discover the unique, international spirit of DHL where your commitment is recognized and rewarded.
The DHL Innovation Centers are the industry’s leading platform to launch the digital and physical future of logistics and supply chains, engaging over 15,000 logistics and technology professionals each year. At the Innovation Centers, we engage customers and partners to solve challenge facing supply chains of today and tomorrow. The Innovation Managers take forward the ideas that are generated at the Innovation Center and develop these further through pilot projects that if successful, will be implemented and scaled-out. This role is based at the DHL Americas Innovation Center in Chicago, and will focus on working with our operations, customers, and partners to identify solutions that will accelerate our innovation agenda in the Americas region.
- Your main objectives are to initiate and drive innovation projects that accelerate DHL’s digitalization agenda and strengthens our relationships with key customers and partners.
- Your main tasks will be to manage a portfolio of innovation projects leveraging emerging trends and technologies such as robotics and automation, artificial intelligence, internet of things, and visual computing
- You will apply your expertise to initiate and manage innovation pilots from the initial project scoping to delivery and implementation
- You will work closely with our operations, spending time both at the Innovation Centers and on-site to drive stakeholder management, and pilot projects
- You will work closely with our Innovation Centers in Germany and Singapore, as well as our corporate centers of excellence at our global headquarters in Germany
- You will be able to apply your unique creative skills to thought leadership initiatives including the publication of industry-leading trend reports and showcases at the DHL Innovation Center.
- As part of the global Innovation Center team, you will also be required to actively engage with DHL’s key customers through events at the Innovation Centers and at regional conferences.
- Inspired, open-minded and outgoing in character
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion for innovation and new technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Engineering, or Technical Field required; Advanced degree a plus
- At least 4+ years of proven experience working on innovation topics within an organization, or working in a startup environment
- Knowledge of Excel, R and SQL would be an advantage
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to assess business cases and business processes with a talent for identifying innovation opportunities
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in an analytical and structured manner
- Spanish language skills would be a significant advantage
- Experience working in Latin America would be a significant advantage
- International mindset; willing to travel
You will be based at the DHL Innovation Center – THE customer-centric innovation facility of Deutsche Post DHL Group, where visions, trends and solutions are combined to generate new value. Watch the highlights of the DHL Innovation Center in Chicago. https://youtu.be/EtUZpEwaif4
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status,
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Customer Solutions & Innovations (USA) Inc.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn