Summer Internship - Air Product Pricing & Quotation
Job Title: Air Product Pricing & Quotation Intern
Job Location: DHL – Romulus, Michigan
We have an exciting opportunity for an Air Freight Pricing & Quotation Intern to design and develop the pricing/ quotation process for inbound & outbound air freight, serving as a single point of contact for our existing and prospective customers. This position will be based in our Romulus, Michigan facility.
- Develops the processes and procedures for quotes/pricing for existing & prospective inbound/outbound air freight shipments
- Develops a tool which identifies margin and pricing analysis in order to support business initiatives
- Outlines a tool which monitors and update commercial price lists
- Develops a system of communication, documentation, and review of internal and external comparative pricing data
- Identifies opportunities to optimize sales and profitability through pricing strategies
- Consults with sales and marketing teams to develop proposals
Skills / Requirements:
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to develop Forms and Standard Operation Procedures for pricing & quoting of outbound airfreight.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of the English language (verbal/written) skills
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
- Detail oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Sophomore or Junior standing in a Business Related undergraduate program
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry when people think of forwarding; we want them to think
·The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
·The most efficient processes and fastest response times
·The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding US
No Business Travel
Day time only