Would you like to be part of DHL IT Services?
Our Data Lake Platform team is looking for a Senior Big Data Infrastructure Engineer star!
About the role:
You will develop and operate global DHL Data Lake platform that sits at the heart of DHL digitalization effort.
You will join a platform DevOps team that is on a mission to catapult DHL into data driven enterprise vand at the same time role model operating model for digital platforms of the future.
Apply and be part of one of the most impactful IT teams in DHL.
What you will do:
As part of DevOps product team you will take end-to-end care of DHL Data Lake platform, that includes designing, building, operating and supporting the platform
• Development: further architecture, develop, test and automate the platform across technologies and infrastructures.
• Operations: overlook daily operations, maintenance, monitoring and capacity adjustments for 24x7, mission critical platform.
• Support: support and consult use cases, solve incidents, coordinate changes, share on-call duty.
This is a senior role, which will drive our Data Lake platform to the next level.
Team & Tech
The Team: work in a highly skilled, highly motivated international team of unique professionals. Learn very fast, have a high impact and start-up feeling from day one.
We follow scrum principles, trace work on Jira, communicate via slack and live high trust DevOps culture.
The Tech: the Data Lake Platform uses
• Mapr (HPE) Hadoop cluster as storage with Hive, Spark, Drill, Kafka, Hue ecosystem services
• Data Science Workbench based on JupyterHub
• Airflow to orchestrate data injection
• Rancher Kubernetes Platform as underlying container infrastructure
• Elastic Search (OpenDistro) for central logging and specific use cases
• Jenkins, Ansible, Git as automation engine
• Microsoft Azue and Google (GCP) for hybrid scenarios
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux as underlying OS layer
You should have:
• Master degree in computer science or related field
• Good knowledge in at least one of the platforms:
Hadoop, preferably of mapr (HPE) distribution
Kubernetes / Docker, preferably Rancher distribution
• Deep knowledge of Linux, preferably Red Hat Enterprise
• Profound experience with network and infrastructure administration
• Hands on knowledge with infrastructure automation using Ansible, Jenkins and Git
• Some experience with Elastic Search (Open Distro distribution) is a plus
• Working knowledge on Microsoft Azure / GCP (nice to have)
• Ability to use English in daily communication
• Drive to get things done in a very fast pace environment
What we offer:
• Great team of IT professionals and the possibility of breathtaking technical development
• An extra week of holiday (25 days per year)
• 6 Self-sickness days/year
• Company car / car allowance
• Full salary compensation for up to 10 days absence due to illness per the calendar year
• Meal vouchers fully covered by DHL
• Cafeteria benefit system by EDENRED
• On-going professional and technical training and certifications
• A multicultural environment in modern offices
• Pension plan contribution
• Multisport card
• Employee Referral Program
• Company sponsorship of various sports and social clubs
• Smart casual dress code
In DHL ITS Prague, you will have the opportunity to be part of over 1650 highly skilled IT professionals of 67 nationalities.
Would you like to develop your career in DHL ITS Prague – the largest data center operation in the Czech Republic? Start your application now!
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.