About DHL IT Services and the AI & Analytics team:
At DHL IT Services, we design, build and run IT solutions for the whole of DPDHL globally. The AI & Analytics team builds and runs solutions to get much more value out of our data. We help our business colleagues all over the world with machine learning algorithms, predictive models and visualizations. We manage more than 46 AI & Big Data applications, with 3.000 active users in 87 countries, and up to 100,000,000 daily transactions.
Integration of AI & Big Data into business processes to compete in a data-driven world needs state of the art technology. Our infrastructure, hosted on-premise and in the cloud (Azure and GCP), includes MapR, Airflow, Spark, Kafka, jupyter, Kubeflow, Jenkins, GitHub, Tableau, Power BI, Synapse (Analytics), Databricks and other interesting tools.
We like to do everything in an Agile/DevOps way. No more throwing the “problem code” to support, and no silos. Our teams are completely product-oriented, having end to end responsibility for the success of our products.
Who are we looking for?
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Big Data Architect. In this role, you will have the opportunity to design and develop solutions, contribute to roadmaps of Big Data architecture and provide mentorship and feedback to more junior team members. We are looking for someone to help us manage the petabytes of data we have and turn them into something valuable.
Does that sound a bit like you? Let’s talk! Even if you don’t tick all the boxes below, we’d love to hear from you. Our new department is rapidly growing and we’re looking for people with a can-do mindset to join us on our digitalization journey. Thank you for considering DHL as the next step in your career – we really do believe we can make a difference together!
What will you need?
• University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field
• 3+ years of experience in the role of Big Data Architect or related area
• 3+ years of experience in Hadoop technologies: Hive, Spark, Kafka, HBase, HDFS
• Experience with development in Java, Python, or both
• Knowledge of Dockers, OpenShift, Kubernetes; interconnection of these technologies to Hadoop/MapR is a plus
• Knowledge of modeling languages and tools (UML, MS Visio)
• Experience with Jira and Confluence
• Technology agnostic mindset with a proven ability to identify and learn about new systems, languages and frameworks
• Experience with Big Data cloud solutions – preferably experience with Azure Data Lake, Analytics and other related services: ADLS Gen2, Azure Functions, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, EventHub, Stream Analytics, Data Explorer, Synapse Analytics/SQL DW, AKS, API management
• A solid understanding of delivery methodology (SCRUM, Waterfall) and the ability to lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture
You should have:
• Certificates in some of the core technologies
• Knowledge of visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI)
• Experience in creating CI/CD pipelines
• Knowledge of Machine Learning principles and tools
• Knowledge of AutoML tools (e.g. Data Robot)
• Certification in agile (PMI-ACP, Scrum Alliance)
• Experience with Azure or GCP
• Experience with Ansible scripts
• Overview of architecture trends, with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction
• Experience in defining new architecture and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural standpoint
• Experience in leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers in the latest technology trends and best practices
• Ability of authoring, editing and presenting technical documents
• English – Fluent spoken and written (C1 level)
• Great team of IT professionals and a possibility of technical development, including unlimited access to Coursera
• An extra week of holiday (25 days/year)
• 6 Self-sickness days/year
• Company car / car allowance
• Full salary compensation for up to 10 days absence due to illness per the calendar year
• Lunch vouchers fully covered by DHL
• Cafeteria benefit system by EDENRED
• On-going professional and technical training and certifications
• Multicultural environment in modern offices
• Multisport card
• Employee Referral Program
• Company sponsorship of various sports and social clubs
• Smart casual dress code
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org. #digitalplatforms