Senior Infrastructure Engineer - VMWARE
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer – VMWARE System Engineer is responsible for VMware virtual environment – Design, build, maintenance and issues resolution with both the regional and global infrastructure.
YOUR DAILY WORK:
- Develop procedures and tools for build of the virtualization platform, design build of virtual machines, operations of virtual machines, operations and further development of the virtualization platform.
- Install and maintain VMWARE infrastructure servers and their routine upgrades.
- Responsible for capacity planning of virtual global and regional environment.
- Deliver technical implementation of standard build.
- Actively participate in project technical designs with service architects concentrating on virtual environment designs and document them.
- Provide technical consultancy to DHL customers to support the implementation.
- The response to and resolution of issues with both the regional and global infrastructure of virtual environment.
- Document the architecture and all procedures; prepare guidelines for other teams working with the platform.
- Proficient with VMware vSphere and related products
- Experience with Scripting Languages used for vmware platform
- Aware of Windows and Linux RHEL operating systems
- Minimally 3-5 years experience in IT operations department supporting business critical systems in corresponding area
- Experience in a large, multi vendor, computing environment preferable
- High school/University degree specialized to computer/technical area
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships
- Good English language knowledge
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Europe) s.r.o.
No travel required
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn