Senior Application Support Specialist (MSSQL & SSIS)
Would you like to be part of DHL IT Services? Our Solution Support team is looking for a new team member.
You will provide application support & deployment, ensuring maximum availability and minimal disruption, to a range of fully home-grown to fully outsourced integration-layer solutions that connect multiple DPDHL Business Units. You will have chance to work with old and new platforms and see how these allow the DPDHL group to deliver millions of items worldwide, on time, every time.
The position reports to the Manager of the Messaging, ETL & Data Warehouse support team.
What you will do:
- Receive requests for support from business users;
- Prioritise requests in accordance with agreed criteria and the needs of the organization;
- Ensure resolution of incidents and completion of requests within SLA;
- Investigate problems and other support requests with the support of colleagues, Principal Specialists and developers;
- Test and deploy new application versions;
- Follow quality standards and policies;
- Proactively identify and coordinate improvement initiatives that can benefit team and customer, in particular in terms of system documentation;
- Liaise with staff responsible for the design & development of system enhancements in order to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements.
You should have:
- Experience with managing a Windows server (2012 and higher)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL 2016: administration, performance tuning, monitoring
- Good understanding of the MQ messaging principles and SSIS packages
- Strong risk management and experience in impact analysis during troubleshooting and change management
- ITIL knowledge, in particular around Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Customer-centred, detail-oriented and fast-learning attitude
- Fluent business English
And it would be also nice to have:
- Basic understanding of financial accounting
- Experience with other database platforms from Oracle, Informix or Teradata
- Knowledge of C# (Java and Python are also welcome)
- Experience working with Cognos
- Basic understanding of Docker and the microservices architecture
What we offer:
- Great team of IT professionals and the possibility of technical development
- An extra week of holiday (25 days/year)
- 6 self-sickness days/year
- Full salary compensation for up to 10 days absence due to illness per the calendar year
- Lunch and FlexiPass vouchers fully covered by DHL
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Pension plan contribution
- Multisport card
- Employee Referral Program
- Company sponsorship of various sports and social clubs
- Smart casual dress code
- Would you like to develop your career in DHL ITS Prague – the largest data centre operation in the Czech Republic? Start your application now!
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Europe) s.r.o.