Senior Application Specialist – Express Courier application
We are looking for a new colleague for our solution support team. You will be responsible for providing consultations, guidance and problem solving expertise in the team supporting application for logistic division DHL Express.
You will deliver Application Support services to our Express business colleagues using our courier application during the company‘s core process of pick up and delivery of shipments. Application components are deployed on our backend and on our courier’s mobile devices.
You will cooperate with DHL IT Services internal teams (database, network, operating system administrators and developers etc. ) to maintain application with minimal disruptions to the production environment.
Your daily work:
• Works as 2nd level support for our Global Courier Application running on Webmethods, Oracle database and Android OS and mobile devices management systems
• Responsible for whole Application/Service lifecycle from initial project phase to release to production
• Supports Incident, Problem and Change Management process
• Capacity management – assure sufficient capacity on services
• Monitors supported service to be ahead of potential issues
• Releases new/enhanced applications/services to production
• Liaises with application developers to overcome known problems and improve the service quality
• Participation on meetings from IT and customer side - people from IT and business areas
• On-call support (rotation within the team, one weekend per month)
• New releases and patches, TATs (technical testings) and deployments
Who we are looking for?
• Previous experience in application/system support area
• Familiar with SQL, Oracle DB
• Advanced Linux/Unix skills
• Knowledge of the DHL shipment lifecycle, DHL Express business processes
• Very good English
• Analytical skills and ability to get quickly from problem to solution
• Team player
We welcome knowledge of Webmethods/Apache and some experience with scripting (bash) and Android-based devices
• Great team of IT professionals and possibility of technical development
• Technical onboarding
• Modern offices in Chodov
• Huge number of internal job opportunities within the company
• Home office
• Permanent contract
• Wide range of benefits (Extra week of holiday (25 days/year), 6 Self-sickness days/year, Full salary compensation for up to 10 days absence due to illness per calendar year, Lunch and FlexiPass vouchers fully covered by DHL, Pension plan contribution, Multisport card, mobile and laptop, Fruit days, sport clubs for Employees....).
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL IT Services Europe