ABOUT THE JOB:
The Project Director manages a portfolio of large and/or complex projects or Programs with high visibility (multi area or product) at all stages (Service Definition and Introduction, Business Case Development, Program initiation, execution, closure) and in all PM areas (time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, and procurement).
The Project Director ensures that project or program goals and objectives are met within agreed upon time, scope, budget, and quality and resource requirements using excellent communication skills. Particular focus for the qualified individual will be in the Telecoms tower.
Project Director manages, directly or indirectly via a team, the overall planning, control, status reporting, stability and delivery of a portfolio of large/complex projects (multi area or product) or programs to ensure that goals and objectives are met within agreed upon time, scope, budget and resource requirements.
As a Project Director you take accountability for a portfolio of projects (Telecom tower), meaning the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex Programs or Projects within the portfolio, ensuring that realistic program/project, finance, quality, change control and risk management processes are maintained. Managing programs could entail overseeing several work streams or multiple project managers under the Program Manager’s span of control and responsibilities. Activities could also entail Service Definition and Introduction phases, as well as Business Case development.
Project Director leads larger project teams and project-managers of sub-projects. As the head of the portfolio you have line management responsibility for up to 10 project managers in the team. As a leader you ensure the appropriate conditions to achieve high engagement with and from the team. Meaning demonstrating the 6 principles effective leadership Results, Contribution to the Overall goals, ensure people focus on correct items, utilize the strengths of individuals, cultivate trust and positive thinking.
As part of the Infrastructure Programs management team you actively participate in the day to day management of the department and overall direction.
Project Director monitors and controls resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and manages expectations of all project stakeholders. Project Director would be responsible for completion of BCAs of projects or programs in their area of responsibility.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
• Proficient project management experience
• Proven ability to lead and manage a specialist-based, high-performing and multicultural team
• Proficient customer relationship and negotiation skills, in order to define project scope, time and quality requirements; strongly demonstrated leadership in project process and planning activities; strategic approach
• Proficient experience in preparation of project plans with appropriate budget and resource requirements
• Past experience in leading a team with line responsibility for a team of 5-10 individuals, a plus
• Results-oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on excellence and high quality project delivery
• Proficient experience in stakeholder and communication management
• Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent experience
• Proficient in MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio. MS Access and MS SQL a plus, but not required
• Prior knowledge of DHL GSN, including Change Management RFC process a plus, but not necessary
• Prior experience in Infrastructure Projects desired, particularly in the Telecoms area
• Process Improvement (Lean, Six-Sigma) Experience a plus
• PM Certification (Prince 2, PMP) a plus
• MSP or MoP Certification a plus
• ITIL Foundation/ Certification knowledge a plus
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL IT Services Europe