Associate Software Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will develop and support our product with insights gained from analyzing company data. We are looking for someone who have statistical background and who is familiar of basic statistical approaches and operations.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
Plus is experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
• Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
• Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
• Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
• Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, Linux + Linux terminal, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets. Also, knowledge of Python packages like pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, keras is a huge benefit.
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
• Advance spoken/written English is a must.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL IT Services Europe