Application Support Specialist – Global Sort & Containerization Support Team
Our application support team is looking for an enthusiastic person who is keen to support key DHL technologies and enjoys communication with other colleagues. The global Sort & Containerization team supports the mission critical application that enables the containerization process in the DHL warehouses and gateways.
YOUR DAILY WORK:
• 2nd Level Application Support
- Identify, Investigate and resolve issues and other support requests for existing and newly on-boarded services.
- Within own area of competence, provide correct responses to requests for support by means of, for example: developing workarounds or site-specific enhancements, testing fixes and enhancements, manipulating data, reconfiguring systems, helping to implement changes to operating procedures, training users or operations staff, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests.
• Problem Management
- Investigate problems in systems and services, and through analysis develop potential solutions; assist with their implementation and devise preventative measures.
• Availability Management
- Contribute to the availability management process and its operation and performs defined availability management tasks.
- Analyze service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability and ensure that services and components meet all of their agreed performance level.
• Release and Deployment
- Provide deployment services for area of competence complying with defined DHL ITS Processes. Support testing.
• Service Level Management
- Monitor service delivery performance metrics and liaise with managers and customers to ensure that service level agreements are not breached without the stakeholders being given the opportunity of planning for deterioration in service.
• On-call support (rotation in the team of 5 members)
• General IT overview
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows OS
• Experience with SQL/database skills
• Good level of English
• Previous experience with Technical/Desktop/Helpdesk Support
• We welcome knowledge of Informix, Weblogic and basic Shell scripting skills
• Strong customer focus
• Analytical thinking
• Team Player
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Information Services (Europe) s.r.o.
No travel required