Customs Operations Specialist
Job Title:Customs Operations Specialist
Job Location: Port Huron, Michigan
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Customs Operations Specialist in our Port Huron, Michigan facility.You will be responsible for completing the customs post entry documentation into our computerized system for our customers. These positions may work afternoon, midnight or weekend shifts. Come join our DHL team and establish a career with the largest global transportation and Logistics Company!
- Ensure all data is properly entered and/or uploaded completely in an accurate and timely fashion
- Performs all of the standard and some more specialized more complex aspects of the role
- Monitor communications sources for escalations such as Outlook group mailbox, telephone calls, and internal report sources
- Take appropriate actions to expedite critical updates and monitor progress until resolved, maintaining constant flow of communication with internal customers
- Moderate research, recommend efficiency, quality improvements, and cost savings solutions
- Maintains positive and professional customer relationships (internal and external)
- Performs interpretation of ABI queries to determine when CBP is taking additional actions and stage file for next action; approving the moving of funds to US customs refund account per standard practice; close post entry and technical services activity on file
- May be assigned additional tasks as needed
Skills / Requirements:
- HS diploma or GED required (technical certification or Associate degree may be required in some areas)
- Very strong Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) experience required
- Exceptional customer service and problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Flexibility to work various shifts: days, evenings, nights, or weekends
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in area of responsibility
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
·Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
·Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
·401K plan with a match
·Employee Discount plan
·Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
·The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
·The most efficient processes and fastest response times
·The best solutions and best customer service
The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Work Authorization:DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this rol
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
Radix Group International, Inc
No travel required