Senior Legal Counsel - eCommerce
As the world’s leading Logistics Company, DHL provides a diverse range of exciting job challenges around the globe with locations in 220 different countries. We touch approximately 5 % of the global trade volume through our extensive network and infrastructure. We recognize logistics is much more than moving things from A to B. It’s about maintaining and strengthening production flows all over the world. It’s about improving, inspiring, and growing, every day. Our belief is in providing the best logistics to make life a little bit easier and better for everyone.
In Global Business Services, we are the internal Deutsche Post DHL services division that provides support services to all Group divisions. We cluster key services functions such as Finance, IT, Consulting, Legal, Risk & Insurance, Real Estate and Human Resources and employ approximately 20,000 staff across five continents. The GBS advantage lies in leveraging the internal cross functional professionals who understand core logistics business and enable business units to have more time to focus on core operations.
Legal Counsel (eCommerce/Transactional)
DHL is seeking a highly skilled Legal Counsel with a minimum of 7+ years of experience to provide general legal support to its U.S. eCommerce business unit, as well as provide support for some of the company’s largest global customers. The attorney will be an integral part of the business so needs to be extremely comfortable providing counsel directly to business leadership on both legal and business issues. The successful candidate will:
(a) with respect to eCommerce: be responsible for providing advice related to B2C issues;review and drafting of customer agreements (including, but not limited to, fulfillment centers and other online merchants), vendor agreements, tech agreements, and other transactional documents as assigned; and providing advice with respect to antitrust/anti-competition laws; and providing legal review of innovative new marketing practices and materials. Requires ability to engage quickly in a fast-paced work environment and growing sector.
(b) with respect to global customers: prepare, draft, and review contracts and contract terms related to a variety of customer, trade, commercial, financial, and operational matters to protect DHL’s legal and business interests;
(c) provide general legal advice to business colleagues and advise them on associated legal and related risks;
(d) work well as member of a closely-knit, diverse, and well-respected legal team defending and representing DHL’s interests;
(e) deliver trainings on legal topics relevant to the business, and advise business on legal trends and developing areas of law;
(f) possess advanced and well-developed skills and knowledge within the contracts/transactions area with the ability to integrate theory and principals with DHL’s practices, policies, and precedents;
(g) lead various projects impacting business, operations and revenue, and liaise with senior management, business divisions, consultants, outside counsel, and other parties as appropriate, and
(h) perform other duties in support of the Legal Department, as assigned.
Positive attitude and strong attention to detail are necessary. Additional skills and qualifications include:
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.A. (from an accredited college or university)
- J.D. (from an accredited law school)
- Currently licensed to practice law in a jurisdiction in the United States
- Contracts/transactional experience working with transportation logistics companies (with full knowledge of contracts terminology)
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner; must work well with minimal supervision and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and database systems
- Detail oriented, capable of handling heavy, multi-layered client, and be extremely responsive to tight turn around schedules for many transactions in various stages of development
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
- Experience successfully contributing to cross-functional teams
- 7 to 10 years of legal practice either within a commercial law firm or in-house legal department
- Keen interest in solving customer problems in new and ways
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Express (USA), Inc.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn