Senior Internal Auditor
Deutsche Post DHL Group is the international leader in logistics, transportation, supply chain logistics, and parcel delivery. We actively seek candidates with exceptional academic credentials, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, international environment, willingness and ability to move between departments as a means of increasing their skill set and knowledge base, and with the necessary leadership attributes to make an important and immediate corporate impact.
The DPDHL Group Corporate Audit Department currently has an opening for a highly motivated professional interested in a Senior Internal Auditor Finance & Compliance role at the Regional Audit Office for the Americas. The Senior Internal Auditor Finance & Compliance will conduct and/or lead qualified audits and advisory services of Financial Statements and Compliance topics related to the DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, DHL Supply Chain, and eCommerce Solutions divisions, as well as the Global Business Services and Corporate Center functions. He/she will assist the audit manager with the project management for audit assignments, including the preparation, execution, and reporting phases. This role reports to the Regional Internal Audit Manager, Compliance & Finance Audits Americas and will be based out of the DPDHL Corporate Internal Audit Regional Office in Plantation, Florida. In addition, the Sr. Auditor will review aspects of the group’s divisional operations and other relevant processes highlighted in our annual risk assessment; as well as provide and make value added recommendations to management.
- Participate as lead member in complex audit assignments, mainly in the areas of finance related processes, accounting, tax, controlling, and/or corporate finance, as well as compliance areas.
- Ensure audit team obtained understanding of assigned complex areas (processes, departments, accounts) in order to ensure accurate and effective audit execution.
- Conducts risk assessment for assigned engagements in order to define specific project scope, approach; and plan fieldwork audit procedures, including sample selections for substantive testing.
Perform risk-based audit testing, root cause analysis, and prepare audit work-papers in line with the DPDHL Group Corporate Internal Audit Methodology.
Coach and review staff/junior auditors work not only during specific process, but also on a need basis.
Draft high quality audit findings tailored to specific needs of the engagement in a timely manner, including the review of findings drafted by staff/junior auditors.
- Discuss and present draft findings to relevant local management during audits.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of principles, programs and tools for the audit areas within Finance and Compliance.
- Execute special investigations and process improvements on ad-hoc basis.
Assist with the training and development of staff/junior auditors.
- Perform requested follow-up procedures as necessary.
- Provide support in liaising with relevant stakeholders in relation to audit planning and timing.
- Plan, prepare, conduct, and lead audit assignments in accordance with DPDHL global audit standards
- Evaluate key finance/accounting processes for adequate and effective controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting and/or Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum four years of audit experience in public accounting (preferably Big 4) or within the Internal Audit function of a multinational company.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS, Controlling, and/or Corporate Finance matters).
- Ability to think analytically and grasp complex structures; conceptual skills, applying critical thinking.
- Capacity to work independently with limited supervision.
- Experience supervising staff in a team environment and reviewing their work.
- Team player; high degree of integrity, high initiative, professional judgment, and collaboration.
- Skillful in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and ability to learn proprietary software.
- Good communication & negotiation skills with strong reasoning; comfortable in multicultural settings.
- Ability to prepare and lead presentations of findings to senior management
High flexibility and willingness to travel internationally approximately 40% within the Americas in the future when COVID19 travel restrictions ease.
- Excellent command of English language skills (written and spoken), including strong active listening.
- Proficiency in other languages (Spanish, Portuguese) highly preferable.
- CIA or equivalent professional credential is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Express (USA), Inc.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn