CSI Tender Manager/Solution Consultant
We are looking for a motivated team member who will assume a hybrid role in our Commercial Operations team. Firstly, the successful candidate will support Tender Management – focusing on project management and coordination of Customer proposals and information to facilitate the successful acquisition and retention of business with CSI customers. Secondly, the candidate will be a Solution Consultant driving and enabling growth with our energy sector by designing, story lining & positioning innovative and differentiating operable DHL solutions through customer and sector engagement.
Location: Plantation, FL.
Reporting Line: VP Commercial Operations, CSI Americas
- Lead all day-to-day aspects of an individual proposal (Pre-RFQ, RFI, RFQ, RFP, etc.). Gets involved in every aspect of the submission and has an excellent appreciation of what the customer needs and how best to articulate how the organization can provide that.
- Creates winning proposals within strict customer deadlines by directing teams with specialties across different functional disciplines, regions/countries and divisions.
- Facilitates meetings with Sales and DHL divisions in order to obtain an in depth understanding of customer requirements to provide detailed DHL solutions.
- Identifies and organizes Customer Requirements, providing relevant information to DHL stakeholders.
- Implements efficient Tender Management processes, policies and procedures.
- Takes initiative to improve current processes and tools for the benefit of the department.
- Contributes to an open, respectful, collaborative work environment.
- Delivers strategic, customer-centered winning proposals. Must ensure that offers are developed and aligned considering the customer needs and DHL product and service objectives.
- Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives for projects involving a cross divisional team (no direct reports). Establishes a plan of action to ensure that activities and objectives are achieved efficiently.
- Develop and maintain data resources to support tender responses and commercial requirements (Country capabilities, Business Units, CSI Sectors and Customer Knowledge databases.)
- Acts as the driver of initiatives to increase business performance within the team.
- Understand customer needs, identify DHL's value proposition, define solution strategy and project management approach, identify required resources, manage project/opportunity, develop quality solution proposals, and secure BU's buy-in
- Proactive development of project and pursuit pipeline
- Generate thought leadership in solution innovation for assigned sector
- Undertake industry research (e.g. market trends) and client consultancy activity
- Align with sector strategies and Customer Development Plans (CDP) for solution development
- Drive the formation of an assigned global and/or regional supply chain solution set and their commercialization
- Select and leverage the optimal tools & external data sources necessary for crafting solutions
- Review sector pipeline for planning purposes and obtain key information from sector virtual team
- Assess, prioritize and give visibility to all solution based RFQ's across the sector portfolio to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Present the solution through optimal story lining
- Coordinate on global solution projects and lead as necessary
- Perform clear and comprehensive transitions of designed solutions to implementation team
- Lead or support the solution work stream in implementations
- Resolve solution issues during implementations
- Identify solutions re-engineering opportunities to drive retention together with Sectors & Service Management
- Act as a sounding board and advisor to facilitate supply chain improvements on existing business
- Act as a functional expert to the post sales teams in account/program action plans and RFQ avoidance
- Lead team working on a solution and coordinate team activity (e.g. update calls) in conjunction with Tender Management
- Align with and collaborate with the sectors and the BU's in project/opportunity assessments and solution development work
- Lead the solution sell to clients. Work with and advise regional executives in our customer organizations
- Share best practices and develop/leverage relationships with the sector and DHL solution community in the region and with SDSM globally
- Escalate solution issues that cannot be solved with own solution community
Skills & Qualifications
- BS/BA degree required and 8-11 years of experience in a Tender Response/Project Management/ Supply Chain environment or MS/MA degree and 5-7 years of experience
- 3 to 5 Years work experience in Solution Engineering / Solution Consulting experience/ knowledge strongly preferred
- Excellent operations / business process mapping and data modeling skills preferred
- Experience working with supply chain and network modeling tools preferred
- Consulting skills required
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English required. Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
- Leadership skills to organize virtual teams to collaborate and deliver projects on time.
- Project management experience, with the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Effective time management skills.
- Self-directed, have the ability to prioritize workloads within set timelines. A structured, methodical approach to working.
- Detail oriented, able to work to deadlines and under some pressure at times.
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid business and proposal writing skills including presentation skills.
- Good understanding of DHL systems processes and service capabilities a plus.
- Experience with multiple DHL Business Units a plus.
- Creativity and ability to develop novel ideas and solutions
- Ability to work closely together with other functional disciplines, team player
- Six Sigma Black Belt or SCOR certification will be advantageous
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel extensively; domestically and internationally as needed
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Customer Solutions & Innovation Americas