Ocean Import Operations Specialist
Job Title:Ocean Import Operations Specialist
Job Location: Boston, MA
We have an exciting opportunity for an Ocean Import Operations Specialist to manage Ocean Import shipments for a group of customers. This position will be based at our Boston, MA location.
- Creates/confirms transport order to ensure delivery of the shipment to the final customer
- Performs booking and booking optimization
- Prepares, controls and distributes all required Import documents to counterparts (carrier, consignee, supplier, etc.) and then checks responses from counterparts and finalizes validation of required documents
- Follows-up on shipment status in the Import area; identifies incidents and ensures resolution of incidents
- Supports Customer Service in the incident and exception management resolution
- Maintains excellent relationships with suppliers
- Is responsible for identifying performance issues of suppliers, and proposes solutions to improve/correct performance
- Performs IT systems related tasks to provide up to date information on shipment
Skills / Requirements:
- 2-4 years’ experience with ocean imports
- Strong Understanding of Ocean Import regulations and documents.
- Need to be able to work, communicate, and resolve problems that arise in the movement of product
into/out of the US
- Attention to detail and excellent oral and written skills required, some customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web athttps://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
OurTOP EMPLOYER prestigious certificationattests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees.At DGF, we don’t build businesses. We believe in building people so they can build the business and this means every success that we have comes from our employees. Together, our employees continue shaping our environment as a great place to work and community that we are all proud of.
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
The most efficient processes and fastest response times
The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision:The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission:Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose:We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values:Respect & Results
Our Goals:Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Zahlen und Fakten
No travel required
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn