Director of Operations
Job Title: Director of Operations – International Supply Chain
Job Location: Paramus, NJ
We have an exciting opportunity for a DIRECTOR of OPERATIONS to identify, define, implement, monitor and provide coaching concerning Ocean Freight operational processes and excellence, internal and external tools, best practices and quality guidelines with the overall objective to constantly improve our processes across the region in line with global goals. This position will be based at the customer location in Paramus, NJ.
- Point of contact for operations and service quality related matters (e.g.: internal and external complaints, escalations, exception management, shipment irregularities, etc.).
- Support local process enhancements and ensures compliance of global and regional improvement initiatives and standard procedures.
- Support IRR (Internal Rate of Return) implementation including localization needs and Service Excellence initiatives roll-out.
- Contribute to regional agenda and projects.
- Contribute to Gross Profit Improvement initiatives.
- Oversee cost efficiency and productivity gains.
- Support and monitor global and regional operations KPIs and local operational performance.
- Contribute to Performance Dialogs.
- Perform pre-scheduled and ad-hoc countries/stations health checks & Gemba walks and provides guidance for improvement.
- Report non-compliance of countries/stations and escalate topics if required.
- Provide training to countries.
- Generate management reports and presentations.
Skills / Requirements:
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (30% travel)
- Excellent understanding of Supply Chain Management, PO Management, 4PL type services, finance, and processes
- Experience in a leadership position, coaching, developing, and delegating tasks to staff is a must
- Advanced level in Excel, Power Point, and Word is a must
- Fluent in English and Spanish languages is a plus
- Knowledge of in-house applications GTNexus, ISC+ and Cargowise is a plus
- Strong analytical skills combined with a systematic problem solving approach
- Highly organized, project management tools and practice
- Assertive and able to influence others, team player, communication, presentation and training skills.
- Cross-cultural competence
- Ability to engage and lead discussions
- High level of commitment, very dynamic and project management skills
- Sensitive to urgency and able to work/keep focus under pressure
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
·Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
·Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
·401K plan with a match
·Employee Discount plan
·Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
·The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
·The most efficient processes and fastest response times
·The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding US