Legal Counsel - Latin America, Aviation
the responsibilities for the legal affairs for multiple DHL entities in the Latin
American region. Serve as the primary legal resource to the airline in the
countries where it operates. Serve as a key strategic and legal advisor for
critical business functions. Work closely with and support DHL’s management
teams, colleagues of other regions the compliance department and all other
departments (finance, HR, sales, etc...). Handle all assigned local and regional
contracts and work with other colleagues and departments in their creation,
execution and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities: provide legal and strategic guidance for the following:
- All customer and vendor agreements in the region
- Oversee and handle all litigation in the region
- Coordinate and manage all leases and real estate contracts
- Support with all DHL departments and duties including, Audit, Compliance, Risk Management, Security, Sales, Operations and Claims
- Government Affairs
- Business Development
- Corporate governance and record and bookkeeping of all entities and agents
- Support HR in managing all employment and labor relations.
- Manage all contracts with all the agents in the region and support the management of the agency relationship.
- Support other business units in addition to aviation as needed in home base country (if in Panama)
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Legal counsel to support key business initiatives.
- Provide subject matter expertise on legal aspects of DHL’s operations, mainly those of the airline.
- Provide advisory support to DHL management in all countries in the region
- Manage the legal and regulatory risks related to our services: i) Identify key areas of risk and educate staff about risk prevention and ii) acts as a gatekeeper for any legal or regulatory matter that impacts the DHL group, to include referring the matter, when appropriate, to other subject matter experts on the legal team or external counsel.
- Manage relations and work with all outside counsel in the region on any consultation, litigation, and regulatory or other issues
- Provide counsel in areas of DHL-provider relations, DHL-customer relationships, DHL-agent relations and state or federal government relations, DHL- industry and DHL-employee relationships. Operate in a strategic and pro-active manner in order to assist our DHL entities interact in all the relations previously described.
- Collaborate with local and regional management and compliance officers to ensure the DHL entities operate in compliance with all relevant federal and state laws and regulations.
- Handle assigned CSI regional customer contracts and all other contracts within region (as assigned)
- Function as part of a collegial team.
- Participate in local and regional associations and meetings.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the federal and state regulatory environment in which DHL operates, as well as the operational details of our businesses.
- Maintain relationships and interact with all local governments, agencies and regulatory authorities on the various matters as they relate to the DHL business (labor officials, aviation, customs, etc.)
- Guide, train and assist others on legal issues.
Qualifications/requirements: Juris Doctorate degree and licensed to practice law 8-10 years’ experience law firm and corporate offices; Knowledge of practices associated with aviation, employment law corporate law, litigation, international law, regulatory law, transportation law, and contract law; Experience in interacting with state and federal regulators and agencies; Strong analytical skills; Strong communications skills; Strong leadership and strategic decision making skills; Strong negotiation skills; Excellent presentation skills; Languages: Spanish, English required.
Zahlen und Fakten