BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: IT Manager
Grade/Salary: RCS K / Up to £40,000
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 25/08/2019
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you’re looking for change, and you’re ready to make changes … we’re looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you’d like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we’ll make promises to you too.
As an IT Manager, you will be accountable for providing IT services to a single site within our NUMS business unit. This business unit is responsible for providing uniform services to multiple police forces. You will be the business partner and SME for the operation and customer liaison for all IT services. As the IT Manager you will ensure the successful delivery for IT solutions which will include the coordination of central IT Functions and leadership of local IT resources. This will include budgetary responsibility, ownership of site IT roadmaps, change management and incident coordination. Furthermore, a key component of the role will be to manage our external suppliers to deliver our strategic agenda and to play an active role in IT project delivery for the site.
Where applicable, the role may also have responsibility for local IT Vendor Supply management.
The key responsibilities in this role include:
• Accountable for providing IT services to a single site within a Business unit supporting the business needs of today and the future.
• Be the business partner for the operation and customer liaison for all IT services impacting the site.
• Delivery for IT solutions will include the coordination of central IT functions and leadership of local IT resources
• Budgetary responsibility, ownership of site IT roadmaps, change management and incident coordination.
• Act as a site IT SME providing end user service to enable the effective use of IT.
• Responsibility for IT vendor supply management.
You won’t find another job like the one you’ll find with DHL Supply Chain.
Now, here’s what we need from you:
• Previous IT Experience
• People management experience (desirable)
• Logistics Industry experience (desirable)
• Project & Implementation management
• Supplier management experience
• jda WMS experience
• sql experience (1+ years)
• Managing complex systems
• Change management
• Due to the nature of this role and its customers, the successful candidate will be subject to passing an enhanced criminal and back ground check
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://youtu.be/G-nOa8Ddbbg
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain UK