Domestic Freight Customer Service Agent
Job Title:Domestic Freight Customer Service Agent
Location:Newark, NJ (Edison, NJ until mid-2020)
Overall job purpose:
- Acts as key contact for allocated customers
- Accepts and processes orders for handover to Operations
- Stays informed on shipment and exception status for allocated customers
- Proactively informs customer on shipment status and exceptions
- Provides spot quotations and performs up- and cross-selling on inbound customer calls
- Passes on leads to Sales
- Handles customer inquiries
- Handles customer requests with regard to Go Green topics
- Takes and handles any customer complaints; solves customer complaints or assigns tasks to other functions
- Acts as first contact point for customer claims for notification and reception of claims and respective document collection
Main tasks & key responsibilities:
- Acts as first contact point for customer claims; supports customer in notification and reception of claims, provides DGF claims documents, collects required documents from claimant and hands over to specialized claims handlers when documents are complete
- Accepts all orders (from customer or overseas office) and processes them for handover to operations
- Proactively informs customer on shipment status, exceptions and provides intermediate updates on incident solution
- Provides spot quotations and closes contract
- Performs up- and cross-selling (inbound calls) for existing customers and passes on leads to Sales
- Takes and handles customer inquiries, e.g. Track and Trace
- Takes customer requests with regard to Go Green topics
- Reviews reports (generated by the Performance Reporting & Exception Specialist) and sends them to the customer
- Takes and registers all customer complaints
- Drives solution of customer complaints by solving it directly or assigning tasks to other function
- Takes and processes customer feedback and asks for customer service related feedback (e.g. follow-up on complaint handling)
- Collaborates closely with Operations and other departments for smooth handling of shipments and continuous updates
- Develops relationship with allocated customers
- Escalates issues, if required
- Ability to work 2:30PM – 11PM shift
- Experience with customer service processes and systems required
- Experience in freight forwarding or domestic logistics and transportation strongly preferred
- Experience with CargoWise 1 software preferred
- Ability to identify and meet customer needs in a pleasant and friendly manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good telephone and E-mail skills
- Commercial attitude
- Good knowledge in English (verbal/written)
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer.We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
Air Express International USA, Inc.