International Business Development Manager
International Business Development Manager Position in New York Metro Region with Focus on U.S - France Trade Lane
We are seeking a Regional International Business Development Manager who will be responsible for maintaining and growing theUS - France trade lane volumes by working with sales teams in the region as well as shaping direction and influencing people to achieve the trade lane budget and agreed annual goals. Responsibilities include:
- Hunting, developing and maintaining a regional share of business for International customers within the US - France trade lane and in collaboration with all company sales channels.
- Lead and engage with all sales teams across the organization to sell trade lane specific and customized solutions for air and ocean freight to small, medium and multi-national companies.
- Plan and conduct sales calls and joint-sales calls in collaboration with all company sales channels, including face-to-face meetings with customers and developing a robust pipeline to meet the budget and the trade lane strategy.
- Support customers’ relationships by providing key knowledge about overall market trends
- Gather business intelligence from customers, extended sales teams and other sources to identify opportunities resulting in pipeline development and strategic action plans on identified High-Value-Targets (HVT).
- Provide leadership and support to the extended sales team to maintain and grow book of business specific to the trade lane.
- Participate in the implementation of new customers by coordinating the integration of the overseas team members in the implementation process.
- Engage with sales owners of most significant opportunities in the pipeline, including supporting and participating in the RFQ process.
- Maintain and develop the lane sectors focus and conduct the required periodic conference calls with all pertinent stakeholders to support strategies
What skills will you have to be successful in this position? Ideally, you should have:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years selling in the freight forwarding/logistics industry.
- Broad understanding of trade lane specifics in the forwarding industry and deep knowledge of air freight, ocean freight, and logistics business models.
- 1+ year’s operations experience in freight forwarding preferred.
- Ability to work independently and drive customized solutions.
- Capability to deliver presentations and highly effective in conducting sales negotiations.
- Ability to lead remote and virtual teams.
- Conceptual thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to gather and analyze complex data.
- Working knowledge of computer-based applications and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including verbal and writing skills.
- Fluent in French language
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away from work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading Logistics Company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally. Over 42,000 employees are employed by DGFF in approximately 150 countries around the world. Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
Air Express International USA, Inc.