Credit and Collections (C&C) Specialist
Reporting to the Credit & Collections manager, this role is a subject matter expert in Credit & Collections processes. Uses functional knowledge to apply relevant and appropriate levels of judgment and decision making. May lead others and may serve as a consultant to senior management in the area of expertise or skill. The role also works closely within the C&C team managing the deliverables of the outsourced team
• The C&C Specialist should display expertise of the credit management, cash applications and collections processes
• Supports OTC manager in definition of the local or non-global processes
• Works closely with other DPDHL entities to ensure open lines of communication are maintained.
• Manages customer credit limits to minimize bad and doubtful debts, while meeting commercial needs
• Executes in conjunction with shared service center team the strategy for C&C process
• Acts as a relationship-builder and manager across internal functions.
• Supports C&C manager in the review of the service providers performance
• Supports compliance to policies, procedures and SOPs for C&C process
• Works directly with the service providers to identify improvement opportunities
• Supports business by providing customer creditworthiness information and warning about implied risks
• Customer dispute management: Resolution of escalated issues, disputes from customers, shared service centers, and operations
• Collection: Maintenance of collection treatment plan/strategy, support collectors, authority to set and release credit hold
• Write-offs: authorization for small-balance write-offs
• Bankruptcy process: Participation – filing of claim, following claim through process and tracking of claim to completion, reporting
• Credit applications: Review and approve (or forward to manager for further approval if required) Inform customer about credit limit approval/rejection
• Cash Application: Resolve escalated unmatched Items
• Pro-actively review credit limits and amend accordingly with the required authority.
• Bilingual; fluent in English & French
• University degree in Finance or equivalent qualification
• 3-5 years of experience in related field
• Very good understanding of freight forwarding industry
• Good knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements
• Experience in used accounting system is preferred
• Solid experience in MS Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, charts, etc.) required
• High degree of conceptual and analytical skills
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong results and customer focused
• Good understanding of local market both at the macro-economic and industry level.
• Experience of working with an outsourced team is essential
This position is primarily sedentary.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding (Canada) Inc.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn