Business Development Manager - Retail
Responsible for the business development and sales growth at a portfolio level for the Consumer/Retail sector. This position reports directly to the Head of Marketing and Sales
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and sell all DHL Global Forwarding’s services in accordance with Company standards.
- Aggressively seek and initiate new business relationships with large companies within your sector.
- Identify, develop and maintain favorable contact within high level decision makers and work to understand strategic business challenges while developing a business fit between DGF and the customer.
- Develop proposals and sales plans that support increased sales from targeted prospects.
- Manage overall prospect relationships
- Maintain existing business by regular follow-up calls.
- Maintain close liaison with operations and accounting departments.
- Continually research the market for potential customers.
- Cooperate with other DHL Global Forwarding offices and agents worldwide in promotion of DHL Global Forwarding’s business.
- Bids, RFQ’s, proposals and presentations.
- Any other task, as required by direct Manager.
Minimum Requirements (Education, experience and skills):
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness. Analyzes and resolves complex cross-functional issues.
- Requires5-8 years of experience in related field, particularly international logistics sales
- Strong knowledge of Retail and Consumer
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to listen and determine customer’s needs.
- Effective presentation & negotiating skills
Ability to Travel
Must have access to a vehicle
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Canada. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role. DHL is an equal opportunity employer and believe we will gain through the recruitment and development of staff who represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding (Canada) Inc.