Air Freight Import Operations Specialist YYZ
DHL Global Forwarding is a Freight Forwarding organization
that is the expert in global air, ocean and ground Freight Forwarding.
Our passion is to enable international trade utilizing the best teams in the
industry. We simplify our customer
operations and maximize their opportunities to achieve results.
- To ensure the clients, and other required parties are kept fully informed of transportation arrangements & status on a regular basis from departure to arrival of goods.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange for the movement of Air Import shipments
- Anticipate, identify and rectify any exceptions and to keep the customer informed at all times
- Create needed documentation; prepare quotations for Import traffic, consolidate individual consignments and arrange for prompt collection/delivery of consignments to and/or from specified destinations.
- Understand all documentation pertaining to Imports to various countries as well as their regulations.
- Consolidate container loads if consolidations can be done
- Establish contacts and relationships with shippers for better understanding of their products and transportation needs.
good contact with overseas stations for better communication and
Maintain good contact with various service suppliers.
- Any other task, as required by direct Manager.
Minimum Requirements (Education, experience and skills):
- Min 3 years’ experience in Freight Forwarding with a concentration in Air Import
- Proficient knowledge of import documentation & Incoterms
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Well organized
- Good self-initiative and proactive
- Computer literate
- Flexible hours
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Professional & courteous phone manners
- Ability to solve logistical problems as necessary
- Proficient verbal,written & organizational skills
- High School Graduate
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Global Forwarding (Canada) Inc.
„Die Deutsche Post DHL bietet mir Sicherheit, die Chance mich weiterzuentwickeln und die Möglichkeit, in fast jedem Land der Welt zu arbeiten.“
Aktueller Mitarbeiter – Senior Consultant in Bonn