Shunter - Nights - Minworth
Location: Minworth (Sutton Coldfield)
Shift Patterns: Rotational
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 21st December 2018
DHL Supply Chain is a world-class company, and we’re looking for world-class people. People who aren’t afraid to work hard – in fact, people who want to work hard.
Responsibility for efficient transportation and delivery of products to customers using a commercial motor vehicle meeting company, customer and legislative requirements.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
- Manual Handling
- Working in a team environment
- Working in a safe manner
- Processing paperwork
- Effective delivery communications
- Operating IT-systems as required
- Working within a physically demanding environment
- Operating Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Transportation and delivery of products
- Complying with local legislative requirements & company policies and procedures
- Representing DHL and the customer in a professional manner
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
- Valid Driver's licence
- Full DCPC qualification
- Previous experience of driving commercial vehicles
- Knowledge of geographical area
- Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules
- Ability to read, understand and follow directions/instructions
- Ability to count accurately and to perform simple math calculations
- Have appropriate hand, eye and foot co-ordination to effectively use mechanical handling equipment
- Ability to be able to conform to relevant tachograph legislation
- Ability to be able to conform to relevant working time legislation
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; pension scheme, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
Zahlen und Fakten
DHL Supply Chain UK
No Business Travel