ENTRY LEVEL FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE
accepting recent grads (May 2019 - May 2020 grads!!)
“SAIL” is a 12 week program designed to develop your commercial capabilities by providing you a solid foundation of learning which combines formal classroom, on the job shadowing, and hands-on experiences. You will participate in a DGF Sales Certification Training program, a Cargo Supply Chain Transport Mode certification (IATA) program, and get hands on industry and product training. Upon completion of training in Charlotte, you will come back to the advertised location and start selling.
To be qualified for the SAIL program you should be a college graduate (May 2019 – May 2020) with a desire to pursue a sales career plus aBachelor’s or Master’s Degree (Business Administration, Sales, Logistics/Supply Chain or related field preferred). You should also have:
- Some relevant sales experience, including strong leadership experience; internships are a plus
- GPA 3.0 + preferred
- Assertive demeanor, competitive nature, and disciplined approach
- Strong negotiation and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to excel in a fast–paced environment
- A team player with the ability to interact effectively and enthusiastically with a wide range of staff throughout the company and DGF customers
- Demonstrated leadership ability (i.e.: extra-curricular activities, study abroad, sports)
- Successful academic and/or extracurricular track record with solid achievements, or awards
- Computer proficiency in PowerPoint / Excel (additional experience with a CRM system is a plus)
- Must be able to live for 12 weeks in Charlotte, NC for the training program (accommodation etc. will be provided, you just show up!)
What's in it for you?
In return for successfully completing our “SAIL” program you will gain the following:
- Certified International Forwarder Sales certification
- Professional IATA certification
- Your own field sales territory
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
As a Field Sales Representative, you will use a consultative selling strategy to understand the customers’ business, including their current situation and their future direction, and to propose a series of solutions and capabilities that exceed their needs and enhance their ability to drive improved business results.
After successful completion of the training program, you will be responsible for:
- Prospecting, hunting, winning and retaining new customers for DHL Global Forwarding within assigned region.
- Assessing customer needs, and match these with DHL's services to acquire new business.
- Upselling additional services to the existing client base to increase volume and sales revenue.
- Meeting and exceeding all sales goals as directed by the Sales and Marketing organization.
- Using a strategic sales planner to optimize time and territory management.
- Providing services information and following up on quotes to close business.
- Partnering with local, district, and regional management to coordinate customer requests and services that are being promoted.
- Generating sales leads using company provided resources as well as from your own development.
- Incorporating the daily use of the Global CRM platform to document sales activity and relevant customer business details.
Who we are:
We are the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. In this position, you will support the Global Forwarding division of DHL “DGF” that manages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain. We ship goods via air, ocean and road freight for our commercial customers. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally. We have over 42,000 employees in approximately 150 countries around the world.Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multi-modal shipments.
JOIN OUR DHL TEAM?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away from work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.
As the world’s leading Logistics
Company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and
opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance
management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your
performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with
DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage
your growth, personally and professionally.
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Zahlen und Fakten
Air Express International USA, Inc.